JD 3x20 Wheel Spacers?

/ JD 3x20 Wheel Spacers? #31  
Hey Nuru did you end up getting the spacers? I am picking up my machine soon at the dealer and I asked for good turf tires. Is it the R4 tires that make this machine more tippy then the turf tires would be?

Not yet DP, and its is the R4's that make the machine more tippy. The Turf Specials (wider than normal R3 Turfs) I run, really made a difference in a positive way. Having a cab, anything one can do to make it have a wider stance is good.

Last edited:
   / JD 3x20 Wheel Spacers? #32  
I'm looking to purchase the JD 4" wheel spacer kit for my 3720 cab tractor. However, my JD dealer says he cannot find any info for ordering. Does anyone have the info for ordering? Thanks in advance.
Regards, John

Deere dealers around here look like a deer in the headlights when I mentioned extensions and weren't any help at all.
Through ideas from this forum I got 2" spacers for my 3720. I put 2 spacers on each side for a total of 4 per side. I think it cost about $350 from Skid Steer. They work great and I think that is cheaper than Ovenworth.

/ JD 3x20 Wheel Spacers? #33  
Deere dealers around here look like a deer in the headlights when I mentioned extensions and weren't any help at all.
Through ideas from this forum I got 2" spacers for my 3720. I put 2 spacers on each side for a total of 4 per side. I think it cost about $350 from Skid Steer. They work great and I think that is cheaper than Ovenworth.

I keep toying with the idea of getting a set of 2" spacers for each side with my Turf Specials, so I can get a stance of 68"+

/ JD 3x20 Wheel Spacers? #34  
The red skid steer 8 lug 9/16" extensions on eBay for $329 space out each wheel 4" for a total of 8" increased track! They fit the cab and open tractors.

/ JD 3x20 Wheel Spacers? #35  
I had those red spacers on my 3520 and really liked them. The made the tractor feel bigger than it was, and was more stable on slopes. Was the right thing to do. I wish I would have taken them off when I traded it, and sold them.

/ JD 3x20 Wheel Spacers? #36  
superduper,I'm sure the cab model is somewhat easier to roll just because of the higher center of gravity. I've never run an open station 3520 so I really can't say how it would feel compared to the cab 3520 or my old 870. It would be interesting to see just how much difference the cab makes./QUOTE]

I run an open station 3520 myself, but I don't think the cab would make much difference. The weight of the cab is negligible compared to the tractor's and shouldn't raise the center of gravity noticeably. Besides, when you get used to it (took me some time), you find out the 3x20 is quite stable, it's just that we are not used to high narrow machines, the top-heavy impression is much more appearance than reality. I haven't read people roll them more often than other machines.

/ JD 3x20 Wheel Spacers? #37  
I just got some 6 inch spacers from Uverferth there black. I think once I install them I will flip the tire back to the stock way as I don't need 8.150 inches per side. I don't know why the dealer got me 6 inch spacers but that is what the company sent for the 3720. I am still a little worried about the installation there is a sticker on the spacers that says they are for a John Deere 4000 / 4010 series- local dealer says tht uverferth says there the rite ones - do any of you know if the wheel hub is the same on the 4000 series as the 3000 series?

There the wrong ones there 6 bolt ...wtf? my tires are 8 bolt why are dealers so dumb sometimes..****! This is why a good company should let the public deal direct with them, now I am going to ask for my 600.00 dollars back and just order the ones from ebay..!@W!@#

The 3720 spacers are yellow is this correct and only 4 " ?

Last edited:
   / JD 3x20 Wheel Spacers?
I got my wheel spacers on ebay at Skid Steer Solutions. They are red and come in four in a set. I put a pair on the 3720 rears and a pair on the 4320 rears so they are identical. Widened each tractor 4" total and makes a huge difference in pucker factor. Unverferth spacers were 2 or 3 times more expensive so it was an easy decision for me. You could double up on the spacers from Skid Steer Solutions on each side and increase the overall width by 8". I spray painted mine with JD yellow paint prior to installation and you wouldn't even know they are on the hubs.

/ JD 3x20 Wheel Spacers? #39  
I too have been looking for spacers for my 3320 w/cab with R4's...first tractor I have ever had that feels so tippy....didn't want to go with the 6" Uverfurth (little bit too much)....I assume the correct set for my 3320 from skid steer would be the Skid Steer Wheel Spacer 2" x 9/16" Stud 4 pack...for $350....that figures...just went to check and now "currently out of stock".

And now an update..called skidsteer spoke with a very pleasant Aussie...apparently they are not out of stock.

/ JD 3x20 Wheel Spacers?
I too have been looking for spacers for my 3320 w/cab with R4's...first tractor I have ever had that feels so tippy....didn't want to go with the 6" Uverfurth (little bit too much)....I assume the correct set for my 3320 from skid steer would be the Skid Steer Wheel Spacer 2" x 9/16" Stud 4 pack...for $350....that figures...just went to check and now "currently out of stock".

And now an update..called skidsteer spoke with a very pleasant Aussie...apparently they are not out of stock.

Here is where I got mine about a year and a half ago.......

Skid Steer Wheel Spacers 8 Lug Red 9/16" Skidsteer | eBay

I paid $300 plus free shipping ...... see they went up in price since then.