JD 3x20 Wheel Spacers?

/ JD 3x20 Wheel Spacers? #1  

sunnyside360

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 3720, JD 4320, JD 835R, Kubota M4D-071, Kubota ZD1511
I'm looking to purchase the JD 4" wheel spacer kit for my 3720 cab tractor. However, my JD dealer says he cannot find any info for ordering. Does anyone have the info for ordering? Thanks in advance.
Regards, John

/ JD 3x20 Wheel Spacers? #2  
Try this Deere dealer. Kuester Implement Co. Bloomingdale, Ohio.1-800-453-4955. One of their salesmen mentioned the spacers to me about a week ago.

Sincerely,
Dirt

/ JD 3x20 Wheel Spacers?
dirtworksequip said:
Try this Deere dealer. Kuester Implement Co. Bloomingdale, Ohio.1-800-453-4955. One of their salesmen mentioned the spacers to me about a week ago.

Sincerely,
Dirt
I called Kuester Implement today and spoke to two people. The one guy (Pete in parts) spent a lot of time looking but did not come up with anything. The other guy mentioned they have installed axle extensions on two 3000 series tractors but the kits were not provided by John Deere. I also contacted John Deere via email and they referred me to the John Deere dealer for an answer which I've already done. I guess I'll have to pursue elsewhere.

/ JD 3x20 Wheel Spacers? #4  
I had my local machine shop make my spacers for my 4410

/ JD 3x20 Wheel Spacers? #5  
The other guy mentioned they have installed axle extensions on two 3000 series tractors but the kits were not provided by John Deere.

Did this guy happen to mention where they got the extensions they installed?

/ JD 3x20 Wheel Spacers?
GreenMtns said:

Did this guy happen to mention where they got the extensions they installed?
Yes. One set was machined in local shop and the other set was provided by Unverferth. I'll have to contact a local Unverferth dealer about a set.

/ JD 3x20 Wheel Spacers? #7  
   / JD 3x20 Wheel Spacers? #8  
   / JD 3x20 Wheel Spacers?
dirtworksequip said:
Before:http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q259/dirtworksequip/unverferth wheel extensions/P1010652.jpg

After:http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q259/dirtworksequip/unverferth wheel extensions/P1010655.jpg

The Unverferth extensions made a huge difference in the overall stability of the tractor. Especially on sidehills. They are a well made precision add on. Expensive,but cheaper than your tractor on its side.
Dirt, thanks for all the info and pictures. WOW! What a difference 4" makes. I'm sold on the Unverferth axle extensions. What did you pay and did you install them yourself? My R4's are loaded with fluid so will be a real bear to install. Also, did you deal with Unverferth directly or work with a dealer? Thanks, Sunny