430 loader

/ 430 loader #1  

polaris

Tractor
J.D. 4400
I purchased a 430 loader for my 4400. The first time i used it was today, and as soon as you lift any weight with it the back posts of the loader come right off the two square mounting tubes. Is it possible the dealer has the two side mounts reversed or are they the same? The loader goes on fine it just won't stay on once you lift any weight. Didn't get in touch with the dealer yet but he is about 90 miles away, so i would like to avoid bringing it in for service and repair it myself if possible. Also would anyone know the wrench size of the 4 bolts that hold the loader mounts on?

/ 430 loader #2  
For sure something is not right. I will find out what the wrench size is in the morning, but I think 24mm is the one. Might need a socket to reach them. I will post a picture if all goes well so you can see if your side mounts are on the right side, and in the right position. Does the front bracket (with the locking latch) hook correctly onto the front weight bar? Do you have the 430 manual?

/ 430 loader #3  
There is definately a left and a right to the brackets. Here is a picture of the mount on my 4300. There is a lug on the back side of the square tube which centers the loader post side to side. This lug should be located between the forked ends of the loader post when the loader is mounted properly. Something must be incorrectly installed or way out of adjustment for the loader to come off like that. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• 10-107109-SmallLoaderHydraulicPorts.jpg
    10-107109-SmallLoaderHydraulicPorts.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 143
   / 430 loader #4  
The loader should not be comong off it's support posts.I think the problem lies in the adjustment of the front locking assembly.I clearly tells how to adjust in the 430 loader manual.Do you have the release handle pulled all the way back and in the retention slot?Th loader is obviously coming off the front mount or is not latched into place. since I dont have a scanner I can't put the manual pages on online.Maybe the scanmaster John Miller III could put pages 11 and 12 of the loader manual in a post so the whole tractor world can see it..Are you up to the task, John?

/ 430 loader #5  
I agree with all, there is something wrong with the installation. If the arms are not centered properly when the front is locked down or if the front is not locked down properly the rear arms will come off. I hate to say it but this appears to be operator error. The dealer should have provided a manual with the loader, re-read it carefully until you are comfortable with the operation. You DO NOT want the loader to jump off the brackets with a load on it.......

/ 430 loader #6  
More information from you would be helpful. If the dealer installed the loader, then for sure contact him.
I said I would post a pic, and am doing so. The two pics will compliment the one already posted.
One is of the frame post that stays with the tractor, and the other is of the latch that has to be in the hole in the slot, locking the front plate to the weight bar. If any of this is confusing to you, and you have the loader manual, by all means get help from the dealer who may or may not know (depending on his experience and knowledge, or that of the person assigned to do the setup) how to help you.
Set up correctly, there is NO WAY the loader can come loose from the frame posts.
Your turn to provide some more information.

Attachments

• 10-107174-430ldrbrkts.jpg
    10-107174-430ldrbrkts.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 120
   / 430 loader #7  
Second pic of the latch that has to be in the hole in the slot, locking the front plate to the weight bar.
Please let us know if any of this is helpful.

Attachments

• 10-107176-430ldr.jpg
    10-107176-430ldr.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 126
   / 430 loader #8  
I have a 410 loader on my 4100.

I had the left post come off of the mounting bracket one time. Scared the heck out of me. I disconnected the FEL, remounted it and have never had a problem since then. So I think I caused the problem when attaching the FEL prior to the problem. What the problem actually was I do not know!!! /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif/w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif

Couple of questions. Have you pulled the locking mechanism to lock the FEL to the weight bracket? Have you locked down the FEL with the latch on the weight bar? These two items are integral and ensure that the FEL is attached properly.

I'm assuming that the FEL was still attached to your 4400 after installation. Or did you remove it and reattach it?

Terry

/ 430 loader
beenthere,
the picture you sent was very helpful. the posts that stay on the tractor are reversed on mine, the tab that sticks out is angled down not up like yours. i reversed the two sides and everything is fine. the dealer installed them wrong. thank you & everyone else for the help polaris

/ 430 loader #10  
Thanks for the feedback, as it makes it all worthwhile.
Now I noticed that I need to get some paint on those stubs as they don't look so good.