Top N Tilt for creating drainage swales?

/ Top N Tilt for creating drainage swales? #11  
A few details are likely necessary regarding the pictures ---

The tractor is a JD 4410 and he's got a JD 48 backhoe attachment as well.

You have to disconnect the PB from the open-center valve body and loop the hoses on the valve (connect the male end into the female port) when using the backhoe.

Of course, the valve body could also be a single port or double port, etc. depending upon how many SCV's you need (want) to use.

I recall that he bought cylinders from CCM and eBay. The CCM's had the internal check-valves and that's what he finally used on his top n tilt-tilt.

AKfish

/ Top N Tilt for creating drainage swales? #12  
Oh yah, I've got a few more pics if you'd like to see 'em.

He put together a pretty clean installation considering the amount of real-estate a 4410 has and the number of SCV's that he plumbed in.

AKfish

/ Top N Tilt for creating drainage swales? #13  
3RRL on TBN has also done a quite extensive TnT with 2 cylinders. And
he has been doing seemingly miles of ditches with his.

AKFISH:
I looked at those pix of the 4410 TnT install up there in AK. I have
never seen hyd cyls installed like in photo 031. The owner needs to cut
off the lower cross-tubes and weld clevises onto those cyls before he bends
one or both rods. Otherwise a very clean install.

/ Top N Tilt for creating drainage swales? #14  
Here is a good thread on adding PB & TNT.
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/hydraulics/100228-adding-power-beyond-3-spool.html?highlight=2520+power
The parts will probably vary a little but the concept holds true.

I too need to create some drainage swails. I already have the Woods 72" RB and have added the PB per the above thread. All I need to do now is add the TNT cylinders. I figure it will be about half the price of purchasing through JD.

If you get this figured out, I'd love the see pics of your setup and before, during and after shots of your land.

/ Top N Tilt for creating drainage swales?
Wow, that's a complicated setup! I already did the swales up top, all with manual adjustment. This was easy, as not much adjustment was required to do some rough grading. I spread some stone on the driveway a few days ago and it reminded me of how useful tilt would be...I will be grading several acres in the early summer. Plumbing a tilt cylinder into my current pair of rear remotes certainly seems the easiest. I'll try to get a price from CCM. There are some pictures of our project in this thread http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/jd-owning-operating/100581-3520-arrived-first-impressions.html

Someone at my dealer said that PB couldn't be used in this fashion or the 3PH becomes disabled. Is this correct? Also, if I pick up the diverter kit ($1200) is the install fairly painless? It seems that an open center pair of valves on the PB would be cheaper and easier to install.

/ Top N Tilt for creating drainage swales? #16  
dfkrug -- yup, my thoughts exactly when I looked at the cylinder ends and the bolt attachment to the lift arms.

nate_m -- correct. The setup in principle is exactly the same --- only the layout, size of the tractor, differs.

tuolumne -- it's really simple.... it just appears complicated by the number of lines. But, you could use a 2-port open center valve (4 lines) and that would give you 3 scv's at the rear of your tractor (you already have 1).

The 3pt is not affected by the PB in this application. I have read some discussions regarding the 3pt and the PB on the 3000 series and am not completely versed on the "stop and go" on the 3pt... Obviously, you wouldn't want the 3pt to go up and down (arms) when the hoe is attached!

AKfish

/ Top N Tilt for creating drainage swales? #17  
I've read of some clearance issues with the 448 backhoe mounting bracket. What should I watch for.

The clearance issues you read about concerns the side cylinder in the JD TnT kit. JD's cylinder is very large and does interfere with the 448 hoe bracket. If you install TnT you should get the cylinder from CCM. There is no clearance issues with their cylinders. I had the diverter installed when I purchased the tractor and really like the setup, BUT it was expensive. My problem was the cab leaves no other option for the TnT but the diverter. I have read threads where others have installed the system themselves and they mounted the valves and handles on the ROPS. It seems they work quite well.

/ Top N Tilt for creating drainage swales? #18  
A 2520 option is to add two remotes to the rear of the tractor. JD has this "kit" for about $250. It is available for ordering in the "acc" section P/N LVB25606. I'm not sure if it will work on 3000's and you have to chose either the bucket or the rear remotes to be controlled.

/ Top N Tilt for creating drainage swales?
The kit available for the 3000s is around $800 and does 4 rear remotes with a diverter switch from the loader remotes. That's too much cash to drop right now.

/ Top N Tilt for creating drainage swales? #20  
tuoumne, you can do your ditches without the top n tilt. Start off with the front loader and get the angle into the ditch you want by going in at 90 degrees to the ditch, from the edge of road to the center line of the ditch. Once you get the ditch angle right on a section of ditch the length of your tractor you can get run the tractor parallel to the road and start grading the ditch with the front bucket to get the grade roughed in. After that is done you can finish grade with a box blade,rear blade or landscape rake by running with the ditch. What you will be wanting to do is get the whole tractor on the same angle of the ditch slope............no need for top n tilt as the implement will be at the correct angle. Hope that helps.

Sincerely, Dirt