2520 Rotary Cutter BUSH HOG

/ 2520 Rotary Cutter BUSH HOG #1  

Foots

what size are most guys using on your 2520 4' or 5' for rough cutting ?

/ 2520 Rotary Cutter BUSH HOG #2  
Foots said:
what size are most guys using on your 2520 4' or 5' for rough cutting ?

I have a 2320 and use an LX5 (5') rotary cutter. I was advised that was pushing it . . but it should work. I've been VERY impressed. Most recently, I did light brush cutting backwards up a very steep (to me) hillside that I would NOT drive my trick up or down and even under that strain the cutter worked fine. Based on my experience, the added torque on the 2520 would have no problems with a 5'.

/ 2520 Rotary Cutter BUSH HOG #3  
I think a lot of manufacturers (tractor and implement) are too conservative with their ratings.
I used a 5' Land Pride behind a 16.5 PTO HP Deere 670 going through brush that was thick and tall (as high as the cowl). I went very slow (1st or 2nd gear low range). It did a fine job too.
If one uses common sense when operating, they should have very few problems with equipment that is reasonably sized for their tracto.

So, go with the 5' cutter...

/ 2520 Rotary Cutter BUSH HOG #4  
I own a 2305 and I have used my neighbors 5' bush hog a few times and it pulled it with no problems on relatively flat land. The 2520 should have no problems at all.

/ 2520 Rotary Cutter BUSH HOG #5  
I talked with a guy who has a 16 hp tractor and runs a 5' hog behind it. He said he had to put on some front weights.

Gravelys with 12 hp were available with 50" mowing decks. Reports from those users are that they worked fine as long as the grass wasn't very high. My 12 hp had a 30" deck. NEVER bogged it, even in the highest grass.

Have mowed grass as tall as the hood of my 4010 with my 4' LX4 (about 1400 # with 800 # of FEL and 400# of LX4 and 18.5 hp hydrostatic).

Your 2520 has GOBS of power. You might even be able to use a 6' brush hog with it, if it isn't too heavy to be unsafe on slopes with that much weight in the back.

Ralph

/ 2520 Rotary Cutter BUSH HOG #6  
My old 2210 ran our 4ft flair mower really well, I'd have to say it was a perfect match. The motor would cut almost anything with it, but you could work it pretty hard in thick stuff! :cool: