JD 2305 mmm locking position not working

/ JD 2305 mmm locking position not working #1  

stuarth

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2670
Anyone have any idea how to adjust the locking mech on my 2305.
I set it to lock and when I let the deck down it drops about 4 inches. I have tried the other positions checking to see if just the knob is not pointing to the correct place but the lock position seems to be what holds it the highest. Also the install position lets it drop to the wheels so it can be removed.

/ JD 2305 mmm locking position not working #2  
stuarth,

Lock should be lock. Your dealer didn't adjust this properly. You should have him do it.

/ JD 2305 mmm locking position not working #3  
Do you have a crossbar in the 3pt?

/ JD 2305 mmm locking position not working
I have the independent lift kit installed. I just want the mmm to stay up higher. Does anyone know how to adjust the height?

/ JD 2305 mmm locking position not working #5  
I had the same issue with mine and sent it back to the dealer. something was messed up with the dial knob that sets it in place. Even with the independant lift kit mine still drops about an inch and a half when locked. You can hit the joystick to bring it back up but it always drops again.

/ JD 2305 mmm locking position not working #6  
If you take the deck off, you can crawl under your tractor and see the notched knotched wheel below the height adjustment knob. It will be obvious where the lock position is on the wheel (it's the part with the biggest radius). You'll also be able to see the distance between that point on the wheel and the bar that will come to rest on it when you lower the deck. Turn the knob until the biggest radius is facing the steel bar and then not the distance to the bar and note where the pointer is pointing on your knob. At this point you can lower the 3PH and see how far your arms drop and when the bar comes to rest on the wheel.

/ JD 2305 mmm locking position not working
Thanks for the advice and I will check this out when I get a chance.