UPDATE: Solved problem w/ JD 5320 startup problem

/ UPDATE: Solved problem w/ JD 5320 startup problem #1  

ClemBert

Tractor
Kubota M7060
I posted earlier that my John Deere 5320 started up for 2 seconds the other day then died and could not restart. This is an update to the situation.
I replaced the 3/8 inch fuel hose from the tank to the fuel filter. Also, there was an inline check valve located halfway on the fuel hose. The original check valve appeared to have "plastic shavings" in it on the fuel tank side of the valve. I went ahead and replaced the check valve because I wasn't so sure I could get all the debris out. I've been told that JD doesn't clean out the tanks thoroughly when they drill the fuel line holes in the fiberglass/plastic tank. In addition, I disassembled the hand pump located on top of the fuel filter used for priming the system. I cleaned the diaphram but all-in-all it didn't look too dirty. The system did prime quicker and better than normal so maybe I didn't have a good seal originally on the priming pump. It took four attempts to start her up with 20 seconds of cranking per attempt. But when the fuel made it past the injection pump and into the cylinders she fired up and now runs fine.

/ UPDATE: Solved problem w/ JD 5320 startup problem #2  
Glad your problem and solved.

Great looking......Both the dog and the deere

/ UPDATE: Solved problem w/ JD 5320 startup problem #3  
What a great picture!

Just don't let the dog learn how to drive the tractor or your seat time will be gone forever!

/ UPDATE: Solved problem w/ JD 5320 startup problem #4  
i like your tractor and your dog.....not too crazy about that flag though;) (USC fan)

/ UPDATE: Solved problem w/ JD 5320 startup problem
RollingsFarms said:
i like your tractor and your dog.....not too crazy about that flag though;) (USC fan)

LOL

Last edited: