I need a lot of pictures of a John Deere Model A styled. Thanks

/ I need a lot of pictures of a John Deere Model A styled. Thanks #1  

XIXO123

Tractor
http://de-bosende.mforos.com/1298777-subforo-principal/
Hi from Spain, this is my first post in this forum and I´m looking for a pictures of John Deere Model A styled like this, with this dash to restore.

Picture of serial number plate of generator

Picture of the serial number plate of starting motor

It hasn´t got number plate and I would like to know the year of production. The generator Delco-Remy and the starting motor Delco-Remy have the number plate but I don´t know where I can to consult this number and his year.

Only I have the parts guide but the model with this dash isn´t in the guide. Any information will be welcomed. Thanks.

Also you can see this forum about antique tractor, with manuals and a lot of things. Use the google translator to see it in english.

Motores-de-bosende - �ndice de temas

Last edited:
   / I need a lot of pictures of a John Deere Model A styled. Thanks #2  
Welcome to TBN. Good to see one of these old gems being restored overseas! Dad has a slant dash JD A like that that my grandpa bought new in 1945. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of it. Without a serial number plate it will be nearly impossible to date that model A, or any other Waterloo built 2 cylinder. However, one option would be look up some of the parts numbers in a JD parts book and you may be able to narrow it down to a production year if you're lucky.

I'm not entirely certain that the slant dash was used during this entire period, but the early styled A's were built from 1939 through 1946 with very little production during WWII.

You could also try contacting Green Magazine: Green Magazine - Online for John Deere enthusiasts or the Two Cylinder Club: Two-Cylinder Magazine for collectors of John Deere Tractors to see if they can help you narrow it down to a certain production year. Their main area of expertise is 2 cylinder JDs. Good luck on your search.

/ I need a lot of pictures of a John Deere Model A styled. Thanks #4  
I should have specified that Deere tended to change and improve parts without making a major model change during the 2 cylinder era, so it's quite possible to find that they used several different seat support brackets, for example, during the production years your tractor was made and by looking up the part number on yours narrow it down. If you're lucky you will find a few parts that Deere changed during production and be able to narrow down to the production years in which they overlap (assuming all parts are original).

Will you be restoring it yourself, or having someone else do the restoration? Do you have any other old John Deeres?

/ I need a lot of pictures of a John Deere Model A styled. Thanks #5  
Have you tried 'Google Image' for your picture search ?

/ I need a lot of pictures of a John Deere Model A styled. Thanks #6  
I have a slant dash A. What exactly do you need pics of?

M.D.

/ I need a lot of pictures of a John Deere Model A styled. Thanks
Hi, I´d like to get pictures of the gauges to know exactly what models are, pics of the rear side of the dash, pics inside tractor, pictures of the carburator (It hasn´t) and the laterals of tractor, pics of the rear light (neither it hasn´t), pics of the delco distributor, of the ignition coil and I suppose that a few more. With Google saw a little of this model. John Deere models only have this and a 515 with diesel motor (in Spain all the tractors and trucks are diesel). Thanks again.

Where is located the serial number plate?, I can´t see it

You know that there is a lot of information of tractor and manuals in the forum Motores-de-bosende - Índice de temas where I´m admin and collaborator.

Translated to english here

Google Traductor

Last edited:
   / I need a lot of pictures of a John Deere Model A styled. Thanks #9  
If I remember correctly, the serial # would be in the area circled in yellow on the horizontal surface of the housing, close to the breather mount, might have to scratch off paint and grease.

Attachments

• JD A-1.jpg
    JD A-1.jpg
    583.6 KB · Views: 699