John Deere Van Brunt Grain Drill Operator's Manual

/ John Deere Van Brunt Grain Drill Operator's Manual #1  

Tom Merten

I have a few acres that I work for food plots and to keep in to farming. I just brought home a John Deere Van Brunt grain drill after doing some work for a friend. He did not have a manual with it. Does anyone know where I could get one?

/ John Deere Van Brunt Grain Drill Operator's Manual #3  
Re: Tom Tractor

I just purchased a JD Van Brunt drill, model FB177A. the guy dropped it off while I wasn't at home so I couldn't ask him how it works. I was looking it over, and pulled the trip lever, and one side of the discs dropped to the ground. Now I can't figure out how to get it back UP for transport. Do I set the trip lever a certain way and then drive forward to engage the drive plate (or the plate with the notches that holds it up)?

I am no mechanical genius! I was able to download the parts manual, but can't find an operator's manual anywhere.

Hope this post is in the right place.

Lisa

/ John Deere Van Brunt Grain Drill Operator's Manual #4  

I just purchased a JD Van Brunt drill, model FB177A. the guy dropped it off while I wasn't at home so I couldn't ask him how it works. I was looking it over, and pulled the trip lever, and one side of the discs dropped to the ground. Now I can't figure out how to get it back UP for transport. Do I set the trip lever a certain way and then drive forward to engage the drive plate (or the plate with the notches that holds it up)?

I am no mechanical genius! I was able to download the parts manual, but can't find an operator's manual anywhere.

Hope this post is in the right place.

Lisa

Drive forward and pull the trip lever while you're in motion. That should cycle the trip clutch and the lift mechanism on the discs (usually called openers). That's the way the trip clutch works on my IH 2-14 plow and on one of the old Minneapolis Moline P3-6 grain drills that I bought a few years ago.

DSCF0257 (Small).JPG DSCF0285 (Small).JPG

/ John Deere Van Brunt Grain Drill Operator's Manual #5  

........ Do I set the trip lever a certain way and then drive forward to engage the drive plate (or the plate with the notches that holds it up)?

Lisa
You have it figured out right, if everything is in good working order.
The trip lever should pull forward using a rope or twine from the tractor seat.

Let us know how it works for you.