/ 4020 #11  
hysroax
If you are not buying, why do you care?
Or are you selling? :confused3:

/ 4020 #12  
i am fond of old john deere tractors and wondering what it is worth

/ 4020 #13  
You messed up there big bron. I meant hysroax. HAHA you make me laugh.
:laughing:

/ 4020 #14  
It is a 4020 gas. There is a big difference between a gas and a diesel. The gas is only worth $7000 compared to a similar diesel at $11,000.

If you are really going to use it, the gas bill will kill you. It will probably burn 10 gallons of gasoline/hr.

/ 4020 #16  
Maybe it is just me but I would prefer to have the 4020 canopy with diesel power rather than the cab version with GAS.

While I really liked my 4020 years ago the cabs were greatly improved in later years and are much easier to get in and out of.

I am looking forward to seeing a nice restoration of Deerefan's 4020 canopy.:D

/ 4020 #17  
Maybe it is just me but I would prefer to have the 4020 canopy with diesel power rather than the cab version with GAS.

While I really liked my 4020 years ago the cabs were greatly improved in later years and are much easier to get in and out of.

I am looking forward to seeing a nice restoration of Deerefan's 4020 canopy.:D

Trust me, its coming. I am in the process of purchasing a straight 5020 now. Both will be restored this winter if all works out. I am gathering new sheetmetal as we speak.

/ 4020 #18  
Those 5020's are pretty awesome.

Good on ya with your ambition :D

/ 4020 #19  
I am starting to build a new shop now, so in the near future I should be able to do something similar. I would love to have a restored 4020, 4320 or 4520.I have thought about a 6115 but know a good used 4020 would work well for me. Alot lower cost too.

/ 4020 #20  
Those 5020's are pretty awesome.

Good on ya with your ambition :D

The 5020 is really too big for my needs but the deal is too good to pass up. An old cattle farmer down the road used to own this tractor and sold it to a fellow cattle farmer friend of mine. He has put 200hrs in 5 years on it and really has no use for something that large. The original owner told me a story about this tractor pulling out a fertilizer truck and a 4840 with duals that got stuck trying to pull the truck out...both at the same time. I've heard these tractors, especially with duals, are among the strongest under 200hp tractors JD ever made. I am buying it with new rear tires (all 4) and straight metal with about 4k hours for 7k. It has a new clutch also, which is a weak link on this particular model, being a "dry" clutch. It is as good a shape as the 4020 I just bought. I also found out a deal I walked away from on a 1970 3020 may rekindle as the man needs money. The 3020 will complete my collection (at least my wife hopes so!!!)