Any Idea to Model/year range?

/ Any Idea to Model/year range? #1  

bhcoker

Can anyone by this picture give a model number and approximate year range... I am about two hours away or I would have more information to go on. This is a tractor that belongs to my wife's mother and I am interested in it.

The picture looks kind of weird because it is an HDR picture that I made (using several exposures to make one picture)

Thanks

36142_10150108442274377_584809376_7493522_3679852_n.jpg

/ Any Idea to Model/year range? #2  
Can anyone by this picture give a model number and approximate year range... I am about two hours away or I would have more information to go on. This is a tractor that belongs to my wife's mother and I am interested in it.

The picture looks kind of weird because it is an HDR picture that I made (using several exposures to make one picture)

Thanks

36142_10150108442274377_584809376_7493522_3679852_n.jpg

To me it looks to be a John Deere 3010 1960's model year...about 68 HP..and they were good tractors. I'm going by the picture but others will chime in..:)

/ Any Idea to Model/year range? #3  
I agree with Brin, definately an early 60's model. The 3010 and 3020 were both good tractors wish I still had mine.

That tractor is definately worth looking into.

/ Any Idea to Model/year range? #4  
Not a 3010. A 3010 would have a short screen in the front shell area just below the hood, and frame rails alongside the engine. The rear side engine panels would extend down to the level of the frame rails if they were there. The pictured tractor has drag link steering, a 3010 would have fully hydrostatic steering.

The utility (straddle mount) style, four cylinder engine and hood/front shell styling tell me that this tractor is a model 2020 or early 2030. Right at 60 PTO HP and built between 1965 and 1974, give or take a year. There is an outside chance that it is a 2630, a far less comon tractor than the other two models.

/ Any Idea to Model/year range?
I am going to go look at it this weekend... where would the placard be that has the model number etc. Thanks for the info, I know NOTHING about tractors and am totally lost here.

Cheers

/ Any Idea to Model/year range? #6  
Serial number tag is on the brake pedal side behind where your right foot would be. The tranny dipstick is also there.

Tim

/ Any Idea to Model/year range? #7  
Great information posted on this one, PLEASE do tell us what you find, take a real picture also, would like to see it... there is a 3020 or 3010 on Craigs List right now here in Dallas area, its just way too cheap..I was thinking I need another project.. NOT... but is sure is cheap...

/ Any Idea to Model/year range? #8  
I believe it is later than a 3020 with gear sticks in the floor werent most 3020 the gear selector beside the steering wheel or a side console.

/ Any Idea to Model/year range? #9  
I am in no way an expert on this, but I agree with all of RickB's comments. Looking through some of the many John Deere reference books I have indicates it is more likely a 2020 rather than a 3010.

/ Any Idea to Model/year range? #10  
I'd go with the 2020 too.
A google for some pics to compare indicate there are some things missing such as the radiator screen on the sides, and a some yellow striping along the side of the hood. But fenders and other proportions indicate 2020.
JOHN DEERE 2020 40 HP to 99 HP For Sale At TractorHouse.com