John Deere 40 pics

/ John Deere 40 pics #1  

JD40

Tractor
John Deere 40, 4020, 330
I thought I would try and post some pics of my tractor. It is a 1955 John Deere 40W. It has been in my family since about 1980. It looks and runs good but I hope to give it a full mechanical restoration in the next year or so. I have a #9 mower, 412 plow, full set of cultivators, IH 3 pt disc, and a few other misc. attachments.

Attachments

• Fall 2007 012.jpg
    Fall 2007 012.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 1,055
  • October 2010 - Hiking and Tractors 002.JPG
    October 2010 - Hiking and Tractors 002.JPG
    333.2 KB · Views: 6,366
   / John Deere 40 pics #2  
That's a handsome machine! Does it get to play in the dirt or do you make it stay inside and practice on the violin? From the list of attachments, I'm guessing it gets down & dirty.

/ John Deere 40 pics #3  
that sure is a fine looking tractor.

/ John Deere 40 pics
I guess you could call it semi-retired. It goes to a couple plow days a year and plows and discs the garden. It helps move some of the dead tractors/equipment around my yard- I operate a equipment repair business. I try and get it in a parade every year and most of all it is my 18 month old sons favorite tractor to practice driving.

/ John Deere 40 pics #5  
Does yours have the dual piston Touch A Matic.
We have been wondering what the 2 levers were for since dad bought our 40 back around 96. I just ordered some orings and plan to stop a leak under the seat at the selector lever.......

I will try to get some pics ours is not as shiny though.