what year is this mod 55 combine?

/ what year is this mod 55 combine? #1  

DRufenach

Tractor
John Deere Combine Model 55
The shift lever is on the left instead of the floor type on the right. I need the transmission for one of these. I believe it to be in the 50's.The tranny is a 3 speed.The shifting rod went into the clutch housing. I don't have a photo to post because the combine has been heavily modified, but I'd love to find the year so I can get the right transmission.

/ what year is this mod 55 combine? #3  
I actually ran a 55 roundback once about 40+ years ago but I don't remember much about it. Its parked in a windbreak back in Nebraska. If you have no luck here, you might Google "Combine Forum" or "Yesterdays Tractors" for help.

Kim

/ what year is this mod 55 combine?
The years of this combine is 1954-1957 and the transmission number is 4875-V-204. If anybody has one of transmissions, please let know.

Attachments

• emailIMAG0059.jpg
    emailIMAG0059.jpg
    221.9 KB · Views: 445
  • emailIMAG0061.jpg
    emailIMAG0061.jpg
    352.5 KB · Views: 335
   / what year is this mod 55 combine? #5  
So where are you located? There are two 55's parked at my Dads in SC Nebraska. The round back could be of that vintage. The other is newer than that. What kind of contraption you got there? Loader?

Kim

I am in Columbia,Falls Montana.Yes we took all the combine parts off of it and mounted a Farm Hand loader on it.Then filled the thrasher box with a foot and a half of concrete.:)

/ what year is this mod 55 combine? #7  
I'm 550 miles from there so I can't tell you now what they are. I'll be down there the first part of June and could take a look then. Is this something you need now or can wait on? I might be able to get the brother in-law to take a look. I expect they will be scraped at some point.

Kim

I would like the tranny sooner then that,but so far you seen to be my only hope.I have found old combines around here.they have been the newer 55sor 95s.It seems like everyone that used to have them scraped them out.:(

/ what year is this mod 55 combine? #9  
I used Google Maps and you are about 1200 miles from the combines. If I got it to Gillette, Wy. in June, it would still be 680 miles or so from you. Is this something you would make a road trip for? I have no idea what it would be like trying to ship something like that. I guess the first thing would be to find out if one of them actually have that transmission. I'll see If the BIL will take a look.

Kim

All I need is the forward shift gear.At least that seems to be the problem.I have reverse,but I have lost forward momentum.I took off the peek plate and of what I could see the gears on the main shaft are good.I have not broke it down and I can't rightly do so until I have eather the part or another transmisson.