655 with low power?

/ 655 with low power? #1  

2dedge

So I have a 1986 655 4wd and it has really low power and when you put it under load it will occasionally try to stall.

I have had issues with the fuel system getting air in it and I think it need a new electric fuel pump but JD wants like $175 for it so I am looking for so info before buying it.

The fuel pump will get very very hot and I think it may be boiling the fuel, the other reason/question is I have no fuel in the return system. I can pull the return line from the injectors and it is dry. My guess is that it is not pumping enough and that is the cause for the low power condition.

Does this sound correct to anyone???

Thanks,

Geoff

/ 655 with low power? #2  
Low power could be attributed the elect fuel pump,poor fuel flow from tank or plugged fuel filter.

I just installed an electric fuel pump(from auto parts store) on my orange tractor just to make bleeding after changing fuel filter easier. Now to bleed I just open bleed screw and turn on key until fuel squirts out. No more trying to pump the hand pump on the top of filter housing that is obscured by frt end loader mast.