3020 carb

/ 3020 carb #1  

rogerrosengren

Tractor
John Deere 3020
I have a stock carb and wonder if there are any decent affordable aftermarket that delivers better economy and smoother idle and easyer starting.

/ 3020 carb #2  
Can't say anything about economy but you can get zenith carbs like that one from abilene machine (I think has been a while). Also may check with bridgeport tractor and worthington ag parts. Regardless it will be a spendy purchase, good luck.

/ 3020 carb #3  
Looked at replacing one a couple years ago and got prices $600 & up, I think all were zenith. Went with a rebuild kit instead, think it was about 50 bucks.

Greg

/ 3020 carb #4  
Have a 2030 gas Deere that ran rough and was hard to stay running at idle.
Rebuilt carb, not much improvement. New carb (cost about $500 over 5 years ago. Had to go with new as factory rebuilt no longer available) helped but did not solve entire problem. Converted standard ignition to electronic ignition with all the bells and whistles. (rebuilt distributor, new rotor, cap, plug wires, coil, and the best plugs you can buy.) That fixed all the "carb" problems. As 90% of problem was NOT carb but ignition problems. Converting to electronic ignition not only made tractor run much smoother but gave it more power. Cost...for ignition conversion was less than $200 for all parts. Did work myself. Let me know if wish to try and will give you the company name where purchase conversion kit. Plugs, wires, rotor, purchased locally at auto parts store.
Regards, Gil
John Deere 2030 Gas
John Deere X345
John Deere Gator
Gravely ZTR HD60

/ 3020 carb
Gill A,
I am thrilled at the possibility of improving my 3020 as you did. Please email me direct to tell me how you did it.
Thank you.

/ 3020 carb
Gill A,
I am thrilled at the possibility of improving my 3020 as you did. Please email me direct to tell me how you did it. Please call me at 320-815-3861 or email me at roger.rosengren@gmail.com
Thank you.

/ 3020 carb #7  
Have a 2030 gas Deere that ran rough and was hard to stay running at idle.
Rebuilt carb, not much improvement. New carb (cost about $500 over 5 years ago. Had to go with new as factory rebuilt no longer available) helped but did not solve entire problem. Converted standard ignition to electronic ignition with all the bells and whistles. (rebuilt distributor, new rotor, cap, plug wires, coil, and the best plugs you can buy.) That fixed all the "carb" problems. As 90% of problem was NOT carb but ignition problems. Converting to electronic ignition not only made tractor run much smoother but gave it more power. Cost...for ignition conversion was less than $200 for all parts. Did work myself. Let me know if wish to try and will give you the company name where purchase conversion kit. Plugs, wires, rotor, purchased locally at auto parts store.
Regards, Gil
John Deere 2030 Gas
John Deere X345
John Deere Gator
Gravely ZTR HD60

I would greatly appreciate the information you might have as to where I can purchase conversion kit. Plugs, wires, rotor etc.

Many thanks!

Stan