Tractor
    John Deere 3020

Default 3020 carb

I have a stock carb and wonder if there are any decent affordable aftermarket that delivers better economy and smoother idle and easyer starting.

Platinum Member

Default Re: 3020 carb

Can't say anything about economy but you can get zenith carbs like that one from abilene machine (I think has been a while). Also may check with bridgeport tractor and worthington ag parts. Regardless it will be a spendy purchase, good luck.

Tractor
    JD 3010 4300

Looked at replacing one a couple years ago and got prices $600 & up, I think all were zenith. Went with a rebuild kit instead, think it was about 50 bucks.

Greg

Tractor
    John Deere 2030 Gas

Have a 2030 gas Deere that ran rough and was hard to stay running at idle.
    Rebuilt carb, not much improvement. New carb (cost about $500 over 5 years ago. Had to go with new as factory rebuilt no longer available) helped but did not solve entire problem. Converted standard ignition to electronic ignition with all the bells and whistles. (rebuilt distributor, new rotor, cap, plug wires, coil, and the best plugs you can buy.) That fixed all the "carb" problems. As 90% of problem was NOT carb but ignition problems. Converting to electronic ignition not only made tractor run much smoother but gave it more power. Cost...for ignition conversion was less than $200 for all parts. Did work myself. Let me know if wish to try and will give you the company name where purchase conversion kit. Plugs, wires, rotor, purchased locally at auto parts store.
    Regards, Gil
    John Deere 2030 Gas
    John Deere X345
    John Deere Gator
    Gravely ZTR HD60

Tractor
    John Deere 3020

Gill A,
    I am thrilled at the possibility of improving my 3020 as you did. Please email me direct to tell me how you did it.
    Thank you.

Tractor
    John Deere 3020

Gill A,
    I am thrilled at the possibility of improving my 3020 as you did. Please email me direct to tell me how you did it. Please call me at 320-815-3861 or email me at roger.rosengren@gmail.com
    Thank you.

Tractor
    John Deere 3020 gas

Quote Originally Posted by Gil A View Post
    Have a 2030 gas Deere that ran rough and was hard to stay running at idle.
    Rebuilt carb, not much improvement. New carb (cost about $500 over 5 years ago. Had to go with new as factory rebuilt no longer available) helped but did not solve entire problem. Converted standard ignition to electronic ignition with all the bells and whistles. (rebuilt distributor, new rotor, cap, plug wires, coil, and the best plugs you can buy.) That fixed all the "carb" problems. As 90% of problem was NOT carb but ignition problems. Converting to electronic ignition not only made tractor run much smoother but gave it more power. Cost...for ignition conversion was less than $200 for all parts. Did work myself. Let me know if wish to try and will give you the company name where purchase conversion kit. Plugs, wires, rotor, purchased locally at auto parts store.
    Regards, Gil
    John Deere 2030 Gas
    John Deere X345
    John Deere Gator
    Gravely ZTR HD60
    I would greatly appreciate the information you might have as to where I can purchase conversion kit. Plugs, wires, rotor etc.

Many thanks!

Stan