John Deere 730 rebuild

/ John Deere 730 rebuild
That's right TxJim, in Argentina they were made with the original hand clutch, and then people chose to modify it, but I believe that job was done by a regular mechanic.. I'm no expert in this tractor's history though , truth be told :p

/ John Deere 730 rebuild #12  
I caught one of those on fire once. customers tractor all redone. carb on the pony motor over flowed bad plug wire lit it up . OH Sh t!!. got it out no damage realy. realy got my hart pumpin.wow

/ John Deere 730 rebuild #14  
That's right TxJim, in Argentina they were made with the original hand clutch, and then people chose to modify it, but I believe that job was done by a regular mechanic.. I'm no expert in this tractor's history though , truth be told :p

It would be interesting to see the linkages for the foot clutch from hand clutch conversions. The clutch pulley cover in the photo I posted looks nothing like the OEM cover.

/ John Deere 730 rebuild
Hi guys:
With much effort I have managed to finish the paint job, as I'm really busy with work nowadays.. I still haven't had enough time to get 2 lousy batteries and try to start the beast again..I only have one "available" battery, the other one I have to extract from one of the vehicles, which is a pain in the a**
anyway, I was wandering if any of you guys knows if the original decals can be shipped overseas, to Argentina actually, remember those decals are nowhere to be found in these latitudes..

thanks in advance..

Walter.

/ John Deere 730 rebuild
Hi Guys, I posted a video where I finally got the tractor running after a really long time, you can see it here...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lq_jUIrcoto]John Deere 730 startup after 9+ years - YouTube[/ame]

also, I posted a video with the startup-shotdown procedure for this tractor

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvXlLm_Nl6Q]John Deere 730 startup-shutdown procedure (24volts engine starter version) - YouTube[/ame]

I hope you like them both, last year has been a particularly long and hard one, and this one looks like it's going to be the same way, so I take comfort in knowing I can still find some time to address to this hobby of mine...

enjoy and cheers..

Last edited:
   / John Deere 730 rebuild #18  
Hi, happy to see you got it to work! :thumbsup:

Great Job on the Restorations :thumbsup::thumbsup:

:D

/ John Deere 730 rebuild #19  
Excellent job :thumbsup:. Congrats. That's one nice looking tractor :).

I've been pecking away at restoring a 1951 Minneapolis Moline BF tractor for about 4 years. Hope to finish it this summer :dance1: