John Deere 730 rebuild

/ John Deere 730 rebuild #1  

sancwally

Tractor
John Deere 730
Hi guys:
I'm from Argentina and I'm currently rebuilding an old 1959 John Deere 730, which was made in Argentina back in the day. I thought it could be interesting for you guys to see this rebuild. The tractor has some imported American parts, such as the engine starter and generator. Please give it a look, and if you can, give me some feedback on the matter.
Here is the link to my blog:

wally´s Motorfilia blog

Thanks in advance! :)

PS: I forgot to mention that the language is spanish, but I think you can translate it with some google tool , should be no problem..
cheers!

Last edited:
   / John Deere 730 rebuild #2  
Loved the 30 series.!! One sharp tractor style. A buddy of mine had an 830,and to me, that thing was awesome..!!

He had a 720 diesel too, and got to run both some years if he was behind on planting.

/ John Deere 730 rebuild #3  
I looked at your blog and although I don't know spanish there was a lot to recognize! I hope you will be able to keep the tires, I love the old tread patterns. Great job it looks great!

/ John Deere 730 rebuild
Thanks very much DJ54 and mfreund for your kind words!, I will be keeping the old tires since they are in good condition. I'll be updating the blog soon. Happy New Year to you! :)

cheers!
Walter.

/ John Deere 730 rebuild
Hi:
Any of you guys have the measures for the hood decals? I mean "John Deere" , "730" and "DIESEL" .. if you do, please let me know.
thanks in advance.

Walter.

/ John Deere 730 rebuild #6  
   / John Deere 730 rebuild #7  
I thought those S. American 2 cyl's had a foot clutch instead of hand clutch. Nice pic's.

/ John Deere 730 rebuild
DJ54: The original decals are certainly a possibility, I have to check if they ship those to Argentina though..

Tx Jim: Here some people choose to modify the original hand clutch to a pedal system, but that is not my case. Personally, I prefer the hand clutch :)

cheers!

/ John Deere 730 rebuild #10  
DJ54: The original decals are certainly a possibility, I have to check if they ship those to Argentina though..

Tx Jim: Here some people choose to modify the original hand clutch to a pedal system, but that is not my case. Personally, I prefer the hand clutch :)

cheers!

I thought the foot clutch was what JD offered not the hand clutch. Here's some photos of a nice one with a foot clutch

Attachments

• a59493.jpg
    a59493.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 5,180
  • a59494.jpg
    a59494.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 2,429