Painting a john deere 3020

/ Painting a john deere 3020 #1  

JaredWardall

Tractor
John Deere 3020
Hi all!

I am going to repaint my 1969 John Deere 3020. I am going to paint it with original colors and am wondering I what I'm thinking of will look alright or not. Sometime when I was on the Internet I thought I saw some pictures of freshly painted 3020s or 4020s or something with the intake manifold painted black along with the pice of tin that is connected to the radiator that the fan sits in also painted black. I really liked it but would like to see it again before I go through with it. If you have any pictures or no of any on the Internet please let me know!!

Thanks!

/ Painting a john deere 3020 #2  
Original paint older tractors are worth more $$$$$$$ than repainted ones. Have you tried compounding/polishing the paint? You might be surprised at how good it will look polished. Once repainted they are never original again.

/ Painting a john deere 3020
Tx Jim said:
Original paint older tractors are worth more $$$$$$$ than repainted ones. Have you tried compounding/polishing the paint? You might be surprised at how good it will look polished. Once repainted they are never original again.

It has been repainted once before and whoever repainted it before I bought it didn't use true John Deere colors and when it faded in the sun it turned into a greenish yellow. The whole tractor is almost more yellowish than greenish. I'm not worried about what it's worth because I don't plan on selling it anytime soon.