M Model Repair Question

/ M Model Repair Question #1  

cbrf1wr

Tractor
John Deere M Model
I have a 52 M Model that my family have owned since new. It has been restored once by my dad, but needs it again and has an issue with the head. It has a small hairline crack that seeps coolant into motor over time. It does run and can be run for a while without any issue. You just cannot leave coolant in motor. It has to be drained out after you run it if it sets for any length of time. Does anyone know of a reputable repair place I can send the head for repair for a reasonable price? We are considering selling this tractor to someone who will fix it and get it fully functional again. Just don't want to see it set up and deteriorate any more. Its still in pretty good condition just needs the head repair and a good painting.
2012-07-15202202.jpg

/ M Model Repair Question #2  
The tractor looks like it is in very good condition. Sorry but i don't know of any in your area. You will probably be looking at $500 to $1200 to get it fixed. It may be cheaper to get one from a salvaged tractor and put it on yours.

/ M Model Repair Question
It's in really good shape other than the head. Just needs a good paint job on it to make it look like a new one. My dad had it really nice about 8-9 years ago. He did a great job restoring it and he used in his garden every year. The last 3-4 years it sat up though with the head issue. Kinda a pain to drain and refill coolant on the tractor every time you use it. Plus he quit gardening so it was not needed any more. I actually located a head I think will work on ebay, but need to confirm it is the correct one for my tractor.

JOHN DEERE M 40 HEAD M56T FARMERJOHNSPARTS 404 569-3093 | eBay

Can anyone confirm if this is the correct one?

/ M Model Repair Question
Well after a couple dozen people called and about half a dozen showed up and looked at the tractor it finally sold. Hated to do it, but better someone who will use it than setting under a shed rusting away. I actually got it running the day before the buyer came to pick it up. The ignition wire insulation had completely disintegrated right at the switch on the tractor and was shorting out. Also the original fuse on that wire was on it's last leg as well and was replaced with a new wall mart version. After that she busted right off and ran like a new one. New owner was proud, and got it for 1300 bucks. He claimed that he was gonna fully restore it fix/replace the head and use it in a parade next year in GA that people drive their old tractors in. Hope so it was a great tractor and did a LOT of work over the years. John Deere tractors you can't beat them.