JD430 hydraulic problem:

/ JD430 hydraulic problem: #1  

herbm

Tractor
John Deere 430
Hello all again. Hoping someone can help me out. Today we were digging around some stumps with the backhoe which is attached to our JD430 and all of a sudden the backhoe would do nothing, no matter which lever I moved and in either direction.We checked the fluid level, it was a little low,so I topped it off [ about 1/2 inch from top }. Started tractor back up and engaged the units,still no movement on the backhoe, but the front blade woul go up and down when I pulled and pushed the control lever. I checked the switch again and it sounds like the unit is clicking on. Does anyone have any ideas. thanks for time. Herb...:(

/ JD430 hydraulic problem: #2  
Lets us know what year tractor you have to make sure we have it right. JD dupicated too many numbers in my opinion. If you have a '58 to '60 Model, You may have over-filled it.

Bill

/ JD430 hydraulic problem:
Hello Bill, thank you for responding to my question so quick. I really have no idea what year my new but {old} toy is. But here are is the serial #CH3029DO37546 and the model #3TNA72UJ2. Maybe this might help to the year. I have no idea on how to find that information. If you can help me out, I would be so thankful. Thanks again Herb.....

/ JD430 hydraulic problem: #4  
It sounds as if you have a 430 LGT(garden tractor) that has a Yanmar 3 cyl diesel engine and hydrostatic trans. How long since trans filter(AM39653) was changed?? What model backhoe is mounted on it??

I just purchased this LGT about 2 months ago. The previous owner said all the fluids & filters were changed just prior to me buying it. The backhoe on it is a BMC model LD6. I have to say that, when my neighbor came over this morning he said that everthing was working fine this morning. Do these thing too hot and maybe shut down till cooled? I`m puzzled, I have never owned any type of equipment like this. Any thoughts or suggestion are welcome. Thanks for taking your time to read & respond... Herb!

/ JD430 hydraulic problem: #6  
If you have QD's in the hyd system, unplug and reseat them.

Install a hyd gage and see if you have any pressure to the back.

Last edited:
Hi there J_J and thank you for responding. Ireally like this site. I am probably sounding a little stupid but what areQD`s ? I am new to the working hydraulics. This is the first tractor of any kind ,that I have owned. So please bare with me. My wife told me to try and find a repair to buy, heaven only knows were, I might call the JD dealer and see if they might have one I could buy? Again thank you for your time....Herb!

/ JD430 hydraulic problem: #8  
I am probably sounding a little stupid but what areQD`s ? I am new to the working hydraulics.

QD = quick disconnect(breakaway coupler fitting)

What type switch were you referring to "checking for operation" in your original post??

Hello Tx Jim, nice to hear from you and thank you for responding to my problem. The switch { there is 2 of them } 1 for the front PTO and 1 for the back PTO. They have to be pushed up or down to engage and disengage the PTO`s. A few years ago the company that I worked for had a boom truck that would do the same or simular as what my 430 does.

/ JD430 hydraulic problem: #10  
The serial and model numbers you provided are for just the engine, not the tractor. If you can provide the tractor serial number I can tell you what model year it is.

I had never heard of a backhoe for the L&GT 430, but evidently there is one. The hydraulics built into the 430 would not be capable of operating a backhoe, so I am going to guess it has the same auxiliary pump JD uses to operate the optional 44 loader. That is a pump connected to the front PTO, and is activated by the front PTO electric switch. Normally the front blade would be operated directly from the tractor hydraulics, so would not be affected by a problem with the auxiliary pump. My suggestion is to check into the operation of that pump if that is in fact how it operates.

Attachments

• 430 s-n.jpg
    430 s-n.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 292