3010 John Deere 1963

/ 3010 John Deere 1963 #1  

ynnhoj

Tractor
JD 3010, Kubita M5040
Planning to restore a 3010 JD tractor. Just reworked diesel injectors, new belts, guages, fuel pump, so running fine.
Any suggestions from here? Johnny Tingle Jonesboro, GA

/ 3010 John Deere 1963 #2  
Pictures! Ahh the memories. That was the first tractor I owned. Where's the scv located. How many remotes? What size front tires? are you restoring to original or to use? Just some immediate thoughts that came to mind.

/ 3010 John Deere 1963
We keep it at the farm in Barnesville, GA. It has one remote. I just replaced the front tires and I think they are 7.50x16". The rear are
15.5 X 38". I will use it on light duty pulling a trailer cleaning up trees and limbs. It was modified at some point in time with the wide front
end. The body is good and will be easy to fix any small dents. Also will use as a parade tractor....it will be age 50 next year. Farm Yard Sale 015 (Large).jpg I hope the photo attached. I have a M5040 Kubota I bought new in 2009 and it has been a real HOSS! I recommend
Kubota to anyone looking for a nice machine. Thanks, Johnny Tingle

/ 3010 John Deere 1963 #4  
Nice
Hey remember that big John has about 2000 lbs and 5-10 hp over that kubota.

/ 3010 John Deere 1963 #5  
My neighbor has a 3010 gasser on his 6' finish mower. Doesn't seem to lack for power..., LOL...

/ 3010 John Deere 1963
This is a Diesel. It's rated about 70HP. See photo attached. It is a HOSS! I had the
407 JD Cutter that probably came with it but sold it after spending too much to get
it repared. Was a 7' pull-behind with 16" wheels and when cutting, it would cut!
I use a Kubota M5040 I bought new for everyday work.
Johnny Tingle3010 John Deer 2012.jpg

/ 3010 John Deere 1963 #7  
No, you said the kubota was a hoss and that's true. That 3010 is a hoss +1 maybe +2. Lol
Never found mine lacking for power. Full role in my nh 851 roller going up hill would make it grunt and role some black smoke, but it would never quit. Tractor data.com says drawbar 52.77/ pto 59.44, but it sure always seemed like more.

/ 3010 John Deere 1963
2012 Farm 143 (Large).jpg This is the Kubota with a 6' roll of Coastal Bermuda. I think it weighs
around 1100 pounds when just cut. I leave the bushhog on when gathering to make sure I do not turn over.
My hay partner uses all John Deer equipment. When I bought the Kubota I looked at the comparable JD. Made
in India, 3 cyl diesel and sounded like a thrashing machine. Also looked at the JD Gator, same story.....loud. So
took the Kubota RTV for my wife to putt around on. So far it is very nice too. The Japanese know how to do it now.
I have always been a Buy American but have to go with the best value, quality. Johnny T

/ 3010 John Deere 1963 #9  
theres no doubt kubota makes nice tractors but whenever it comes to your larger tractors its hard to beat jd . in fact i would be willing to bet that old 3010 can work all day doing 3pt hitch pto draw bar type work right along side the new kubota and hold its on at 50 years old . i dont know how tractors are rated today but from what my dad told me of the jd tractors from back in the fiftys and sixtys they rated them for say 50 hp to be used 12 and 16 hours a day everyday .