Wide Frontend for a John Deere 730

/ Wide Frontend for a John Deere 730 #1  

mjljr208

Hello,

I am looking for a wide front end for my John Deere 730. Any suggestions? Thanks.

/ Wide Frontend for a John Deere 730 #3  
Hello mj,

Just picked up a 70 JD with square tube wide front end in excellent condition and want to change over to roll o matic.Lets talk

Mike Ross

/ Wide Frontend for a John Deere 730
Hello mj,

Just picked up a 70 JD with square tube wide front end in excellent condition and want to change over to roll o matic.Lets talk

Mike Ross

I would love to work with you on this. I have no idea what a roll-o-matic front end is but I will learn quick. Thanks for the offer. I assume that you want me to find one?

/ Wide Frontend for a John Deere 730 #5  
I would love to work with you on this. I have no idea what a roll-o-matic front end is but I will learn quick. Thanks for the offer. I assume that you want me to find one?

Do you have the narrow front end with two beams that let the wheels move up and down on your 730? If so that is the Roll-O-Matic.Maybe post a picture of your tractor.

/ Wide Frontend for a John Deere 730 #6  
Fellas, the wide front from a 70 is mostly the same one for a 520-730, but I know that the steering knuckles are a bit different. They may fit and work perfectly, but I'm not sure either. We own a 70 with wide front, but we sold our other 730 with wide front end.

/ Wide Frontend for a John Deere 730 #7  
Best looking wide front end is from a Standard Chassis tractor. The square wide row crop front axle looks almost acceptable. The round wide rowcrop front axle looks like it was stolen from an Oliver, then as an after thought. Attached by a 1st year apprentice mechanic.

/ Wide Frontend for a John Deere 730 #8  
The longer this tractor sits in the shop the more I am getting attached to the wide front.So far have walked around it a 100 or more times during the restoration process.Decided it will get restored as well, along with a rollomatic that needs to have the two large rivets drilled out and replaced with probably a couple of grade 8 bolts.I do like the look of the square more than the round,is the Standard you speak of the mustache look or the adjustable tread style?

/ Wide Frontend for a John Deere 730 #9  
Best looking wide front end is from a Standard Chassis tractor. The square wide row crop front axle looks almost acceptable.

b&d
That gets back to these old sayings "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" or "opinions are similar to navels as everybody got one". I personally like the square RC frt axles the best.

/ Wide Frontend for a John Deere 730 #10  

Here's you a parts photo of a ROLL-O-MATIC.

Attachments

• RWP3436________UN01JAN94.gif
    RWP3436________UN01JAN94.gif
    24.3 KB · Views: 989