Model A and model 60

/ Model A and model 60 #1  

Varmint1

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 1010, JD 970, Farmall Super A,Komatsu D20A-5,Ford 4500,Ford 4000 forklift,Ford 640 w/703 loader
Just looked at a styled A and a model 60 that are grown up in the trees, my best guess they been there close to 20 years. I would have to say the engines are stuck, the sheet metal ain't all that bad and I didn't get serial number to find out the years. What kind of price are these tractors worth?

/ Model A and model 60 #2  
Any trees grown right up through em. Stuck, bad sheet metal, rotten tires I would give $200 for one or $300 for both. Any pictures.

/ Model A and model 60
No pics I forgot my phone and was getting late and headed back to work in the morning so won't be till I get back home in two weeks before I know what the man wants for them

/ Model A and model 60 #4  
Non-running tractors are worth essentially scrap value unless you're a collector/restorer who needs that particular pile of junk to flesh out his collection. I'd go $500 tops for one, $700 for both.
A few months ago I paid $1750 for a styled 1949 JD B with PowerTrol hydraulics and 3pt hitch that is in very good running condition. I wouldn't even consider buying those two tractors you're looking at unless they had these two features.

Good luck.

/ Model A and model 60 #5  
are they stuck?

i agree.. I won't buy a non runner for over 500$

I might be coaxed into buying a non runner of an extremely rare model for a bit more if I could see plenty of good parts or stuff i needed off it.

while most green purists probably regard an a as / 60 as worth collecting.. it's not like they are rare and you will never see another.

i'd offer a few hundered for each and see what happens..

/ Model A and model 60 #6  
We all have our own needs for sure.Just picked up a non running 70 with new rubber with every intention of going through the motor and the things that need attention on a near 60 yr old tractor.

/ Model A and model 60
I went to a tractor show and tractor pull this past weekend and they had several 2cyl pullers and that gave me a itch to own one, just love the sound, plus these old tractors ain't a mile from the house

/ Model A and model 60 #8  
I drove 220 miles to pick up the 70.They are very hard to find this far up in the NorthEast.You hit it on the head for me Varmint the sound of those twin coffee cans banging back and forth under load was more than I could stand.Have fun no matter what you decide.

/ Model A and model 60 #9  
I bought an AR a while back that the owner said it had been sitting for at least 20 years since it was parked in the spot i found it. 3 flat tires. amazingly all 3 held air. took it home drained the water from all drain plugs. Drained the engine oil ran diesel oil thru the crankcase a time or two. oiled the cyls. cranked the engine with diesel oil in the crankcase. Drained it filled it with good oil. cleaned up the carb. and points and it started up. engine was not locked up.

Mine does not have a 3 point hitch which limits it's use. But it was my first John Deere and It winked me when I got out of the truck to see it the first time. ....

I am entering it in my first tractor pull this weekend.

/ Model A and model 60
I forgot to mention, the owner said the 60 has the wrong flywheel on it. The guy who was working on it said it ran good but had a bad vibration due to the the wrong flywheel.