Power blocks, what are the benefits?

/ Power blocks, what are the benefits? #1  

mdross1

Silver Member
Tractor
John Deere 70
Curious as to what you gain with a power block? No doubt they are hard to find and I have read you can bore and sleeve stock blocks out into the 7" range.

/ Power blocks, what are the benefits? #2  
well for one thing they are a bigger bore i know that a jd A is stock 5.5 and the powerblock is 6 inches so you gain more standard bore so what you can bore the regular engine you can do more to the powerblock and up your compresion. id like to have a g powerblock. now the downside they dont have pitcocks but a machine shop can put them in at a low cost.

/ Power blocks, what are the benefits? #3  
Curious as to what you gain with a power block? No doubt they are hard to find and I have read you can bore and sleeve stock blocks out into the 7" range.

Back in the day. A power-bloc provided a low cost simple
bolt on increase of displacement and compression.
Often allowed the tractor to pull the same load in one higher gear.

/ Power blocks, what are the benefits?
That's what I thought.Heard a 60 with a powerblock and straight pipe idling at a recent pull Man, was that ever a sound I love to hear.No doubt this motor had the compression bumped up.It was not missing a beat.

/ Power blocks, what are the benefits?
It's time to get serious about finding a power block for my 60 I hear Wade Castner is making them. Anyone know how to get in touch with him?

/ Power blocks, what are the benefits? #6  
It's time to get serious about finding a power block for my 60 I hear Wade Castner is making them. Anyone know how to get in touch with him?

His name is Ray Castner and he has a page on Facebook call Extreme Tractor Parts