how do i fix this problem?

thanks

/ 3020 jd diesel in oil #2  
I checked my oil and it was way over full and very thin
drained it and got 4.5 gallons out of it

did I get diesel in my oil?
how do i fix this problem?

thanks

This usually means only two things. A bad fuel injector, or your mechanical fuel pump has let a seal go and oil is making its way into your crankcase.

/ 3020 jd diesel in oil #3  
Usually a bad injector will show up as a engine miss or black smoke. I'll vote for faulty lift pump(1st and easiest thing to check) or cup seals on inj pump drive shaft.

/ 3020 jd diesel in oil #4  
ya the guys are wright i would say injector pump this happened to my fathers 580 case backhoe .new seal $600 later away he went . and if there is fuel in the oil DONT run it ....it will take out the crank

/ 3020 jd diesel in oil
I will do the lift pump first, there has been some exterior seepage there

thanks!!

/ 3020 jd diesel in oil #6  
I would also check for blow by

Jason

/ 3020 jd diesel in oil #7  
I had the same problem with a 820 it was cup seals in the injection pump, also learned you need a special tool to install the cup seals.

/ 3020 jd diesel in oil #8  
I had the same problem with a 820 it was cup seals in the injection pump, also learned you need a special tool to install the cup seals.

One doesn't "have to have" special tool but it sure makes correct installation easier.

/ 3020 jd diesel in oil #9  
One doesn't "have to have" special tool but it sure makes correct installation easier.

Can you share some advice/ technique that will work with out the tool, please share it. I would appreciate it..

Thank you Tx. Jim

/ 3020 jd diesel in oil #10  
Turn pump upside down and after replacing u-cup seals(parts key #18) on drive shaft,lubricate the seals then carefully slide the shaft into pump(being careful to line up dots) so as to not wrinkle the first cup back. The JD tractors that are very difficult to install inj pump without a tool are the models that the shaft stays in the engine

Attachments

• RGP2747________UN12OCT94.gif
    RGP2747________UN12OCT94.gif
    27.5 KB · Views: 902