2520 diesel tricycle

/ 2520 diesel tricycle
Thank you sir!!

/ 2520 diesel tricycle
Ok. Update. First though thank you TX Jim for all your help!

Parts replaced: air,fuel,oil and oil filter. Plus the transfer pump. Fired it up and ran great for about 30 minutes. Shut it off and it would not start back up.

I pm'd Jim and he led me to the problem. I had plenty of supply at the inj pump but it would only run for a second or 2. The return is plugged due to a deteriorating wear ring in the pump. Runs fine if you loosen the screws on the timing inspection plate on the pump. Allowing fuel to flow. Again thanks for the help.

So now. I have a good place to send the pump to to get rebuilt. Got a quote of $550 to rebuild it, assuming it runs and idles which it does. Also told me there is a stainless replacement for the wear ring that should never go bad again. That's an extra $100. He tells me the new ulsd is to blame for some of the deterioration, but what do you want at 41 years old.

Also said new injectors would run about $50 a piece assuming they are pencil type. I won't know until I get the hood off.

Just hoping to get thoughts on this and maybe someone else can find this info useful.

Fuel still getting in the oil. With the cheapest option out of the way(transfer pump) it's on to the bigger fixes. Thanks

/ 2520 diesel tricycle #13  
No need to raise hood as 2520 has pencil injectors. New injector from A&I A-AR89564 Injection Nozzle ADD 59.84 USD The inj pump governor rings deteriated back in the 70's-80's long before ULSD was dreamed up by EPA

/ 2520 diesel tricycle
Very good. Thanks.

I want to take the hood off and get the front repaired anyway. I would like to get it back in shape!

So what are your thoughts on the stainless update? For $100 I think I will go for it.

Is there a shot that I can get him to turn it up a notch and squeeze a few more hp out of it? Or is that playing with fire at 7200 hours. Probably be a world of difference just freshening it up. I wouldn't know the difference anyway. Haven't hooked anything to it yet.

/ 2520 diesel tricycle #15  
I'm not keen on turning up HP because that in turn turns up operating temp also.

/ 2520 diesel tricycle #16  
I'd also not recommend turning up the injector pump. Even a plain (synco trans, narrow front) 2520 diesel is worth some money, no sense in taking a chance damaging anything. If you want more HP I'll trade you a 3010 diesel straight up. :)

As for the hood, take a look at the tools here: http://www.sunsdahltooling.com/. They have specially shaped body tools for two-cylinder and new generation tractors.

/ 2520 diesel tricycle
I will leave it alone. Just a refresh and the updated ring.

/ 2520 diesel tricycle
Well.. Another update.

I just got finished putting the rebuilt injection pump and new injectors on it. I left it stock except for the updated wear ring.

Man!!! What a difference. I love a diesel with fresh fuel parts! Smooth as can be and no smoke, and surprisingly no blow by at breather tube. I think I may be alright now.

Now to find it a job before I haul it back to my fathers place for him. I don't think I want to rut my yard up mowing with it. Although that would be pretty funny. 5 acres with a 6 foot finish mower. I may just throw my woodsplitter on the back of it and get some hours on the motor like that.

I will have to look up the GPM on it and see. Gotta be more than my 4310 though.

Question. Is it a problem to bungee the hydraulic lever open for constant flow?

Thanks in. Advance!

/ 2520 diesel tricycle #19  
Even though it been done previously operating an open-center hyd vale on a closed-center hyd system such as the 2510 can cause hyd oil heating and hyd pump cavitation from lack of supply oil. I wouldn't recommend operating splitter for an extended period of time. If it hasn't been updated to the 8 piston frt hyd pump instead of the 4 piston it won't have a huge amt of hyd flow.

/ 2520 diesel tricycle
Ok. Thanks Jim. Ill try to find another job for it.