Where Can I Learn More About JD

/ Where Can I Learn More About JD #1  

ilovetractors

Tractor
JD
Hi Guys,

I am thinking about building a website about John Deere and a few other tractor brands. It would be only about antique tractors. Where would one find materials for a website like that? Any books? Other websites that you would recommend?

Thanks

/ Where Can I Learn More About JD #2  
Hi Guys,

I am thinking about building a website about John Deere and a few other tractor brands. It would be only about antique tractors. Where would one find materials for a website like that? Any books? Other websites that you would recommend?

Thanks

The key to a successful website is providing unique content...

/ Where Can I Learn More About JD
The key to a successful website is providing unique content...

Agreed. How about this question - where do you find someone who can write about antique tractors?
Here?:D

/ Where Can I Learn More About JD #4  
Hi Guys,

Thanks

Amazon.com has plenty of books on vintage tractors.
Best magazine (IMHO) is "Antique Power"
There are websites for old iron enthusiasts of every stripe including JD. I like the JD website for the old 2-cylinder Johnny Poppers.

Johnnypopper.com, Rummy's antique 2 cylinder John Deere tractor page

You can learn a lot about old JDs at antique tractor events. I like the one that's held in Tulare, CA in April each year.

International Agri-Center / Tulare, CA

The Early Days Gas Engine &Tractor Association (EDGE&TA) has a lot of interesting stuff on its website

EDGETA Home

I belong to the Redding, CA chapter. We restore old tractors and stationary farm engines.

Good luck.