JD 820 fuel transfer pump

/ JD 820 fuel transfer pump #1  

Leslie Sapp

Tractor
JD 820
I have a JD 820 3 cylinder diesel that is leaking fuel into the crankcase. Suspecting the fuel transfer pump, I went to replace it. The local GreenSouth store and the JD online parts site both show two pumps, neither of which match the pump on my tractor or the gasket to the crankcase. (The hole in my tractor crankcase is larger than the new pump's gasket area.)
I either need a source for the right pump, or a rebuild kit for the one I have. This is the German built 820 version.
I can post pictures of the one I have if it will help.

Thanks,

/ JD 820 fuel transfer pump #2  
This kit should work if your pump has the bowl on it. I don't understand how they could have sold you the wrong gasket as the same gasket(R27285 subs to R520618) fits many models including the famous "4020"

Part Number: RE526203
Replaces Part: AR60559
Part Price: 39.28 USD
Description: KIT,FUEL TRANSFER PUMP OVERHAUL

Attachments

• L57229_________UN01JAN94.gif
    L57229_________UN01JAN94.gif
    16 KB · Views: 458
   / JD 820 fuel transfer pump
This kit should work if your pump has the bowl on it. I don't understand how they could have sold you the wrong gasket as the same gasket(R27285 subs to R520618) fits many models including the famous "4020"

Part Number: RE526203
Replaces Part: AR60559
Part Price: 39.28 USD
Description: KIT,FUEL TRANSFER PUMP OVERHAUL

Mine doesn't have the bowl. The gasket area on the ones they have is smaller than the hole in the block on the tractor.

I finally got it figured out and got the right one.
Thanks for the help.

/ JD 820 fuel transfer pump #5  
I have a JD 820 3 cylinder diesel that is leaking fuel into the crankcase. Suspecting the fuel transfer pump, I went to replace it. The local GreenSouth store and the JD online parts site both show two pumps, neither of which match the pump on my tractor or the gasket to the crankcase. (The hole in my tractor crankcase is larger than the new pump's gasket area.)
I either need a source for the right pump, or a rebuild kit for the one I have. This is the German built 820 version.
I can post pictures of the one I have if it will help.

Thanks,

I had the same problem with my 820, In my case it was the injection pump seals, it has 2 cup shaped seals once they go bad it allows diesel fuel to bypass into
your crankcase.

To replace them it requires a special tool for proper installation , hope this helps.

I got the new fuel transfer pump installed - I'm going to run it a while and keep an eye on the oil. If it's still getting fuel in the oil, the injection pump is the next suspect. She's purring like a kitten right now. :D

/ JD 820 fuel transfer pump #7  
I got the new fuel transfer pump installed - I'm going to run it a while and keep an eye on the oil. If it's still getting fuel in the oil, the injection pump is the next suspect. She's purring like a kitten right now. :D

YES SIR, they are a fine little tractor, if you have to change the seals in the injection pump you will need the proper tool , or in my case I let a mechanic friend do the job it saved me a lot of money.

I can't remember the tool he used it was along time back, but the tool keeps the seals aligned . Good luck let me know how you make out.

Duke.

/ JD 820 fuel transfer pump #8  
You can get one of the tools from a diesel pump shop, that's where I got mine years ago