John deere 820

/ John deere 820 #11  
What is involved with changing the o ring on the pto lever?

Removing 3 pt cover then removing spring pin to get shift lever out of trans case to renew o-ring and reassemble in a very hard to access place. A very difficult task.

/ John deere 820
Thanks for the help. Will keep y'all posted. Anything else I need to know about these little tractors?? Are they reliable?

/ John deere 820 #13  
Very reliable tractor. Bought one in 1972 and still running good today. Good to use for grading, bush hogging, cutting and raking hay, etc. o ly real problem rear hydraulic leak as mention by others but not a major issue. Agree need two good batteries. What is overall condition of tractor? If you decide you don't want to keep it, let me know for I might be interested.

/ John deere 820 #14  
Thanks for the help. Will keep y'all posted. Anything else I need to know about these little tractors?? Are they reliable?

I remember when I sold those 3 cyl 820's when they were new. First tractors I had sold that were built in Germany and I was very skeptical. They turned out to be very good tractors just deliver them & forget them hardly ever any warranty work was performed on them.

/ John deere 820
Very reliable tractor. Bought one in 1972 and still running good today. Good to use for grading, bush hogging, cutting and raking hay, etc. o ly real problem rear hydraulic leak as mention by others but not a major issue. Agree need two good batteries. What is overall condition of tractor? If you decide you don't want to keep it, let me know for I might be interested.

I will let you know. The tractor is in fairly good shape. Sheet metal is decent just missing battery cover and side screens. It has a new clutch that was installed three years ago. It spent most of its life on a ballpark running a finishing mower. Overall it's decent. It does have turf tires on the rear and will be looking to replace them with regular tractor tires. If anyone knows where I can maybe get the sheet metal parts I need let me know thanks.

/ John deere 820 #16  
Every now and again you can find leads on on E-Bay. Ascension Equipment in Gonzales can get new but oh so pricey.

/ John deere 820
Every now and again you can find leads on on E-Bay. Ascension Equipment in Gonzales can get new but oh so pricey.

Thanks for the info. Hopefully this week I can work on it and see what it will do. Hopefully it will run ok

/ John deere 820
   / John deere 820

One more ques, where is the dipstick for hydraulic and transmission,