John deere 820

/ John deere 820 #21  
On the foot plate/grating right hand side.....below hydraulic lift control lever.....a small roughly 3/4" (dia) x 1 1/2" tall cap

/ John deere 820
On the foot plate/grating right hand side.....below hydraulic lift control lever.....a small roughly 3/4" (dia) x 1 1/2" tall cap

Ok. Thanks a bunch. Hope to have it going this week.

/ John deere 820 #23  
The operator's manual and the service manual are available on E Bay if you are interested. I bought a set a couple years ago and they have been very helpful

/ John deere 820 #24  
You'll find dipstick by your right heel when sitting in the seat. Check with engine running, Hyd fill hole is on rear by 3 pt center link attaching bracket. I recommend JD Hy-Gard hyd/trans oil to help keep brakes quiet.

/ John deere 820
The operator's manual and the service manual are available on E Bay if you are interested. I bought a set a couple years ago and they have been very helpful

Thanks a bunch. Going pick up tractor Tom and bring to my buddy's shop and start working on it

/ John deere 820
Thanks so much for the help. I'm open to any thing to look for on these tractors.

/ John deere 820 #27  
The operators and service manuals are something to look at. We do run across some people however who are proud not to own any manuals.

/ John deere 820
I'm back. Got the 820 running. It runs great just has a miss at low speeds. The hydraulics work great and the only issue I'm having is the pto won't engage. All it wants to do is grind. Hope it's something simple. Any help??

/ John deere 820 #29  
It's possible the pto clutch is stuck. Are you fully depressing the foot pedal? Try shifting pto lever with engine not running.

/ John deere 820
I tried with engine not running. It engage. It shifts all gears fine