John deere 820

/ John deere 820
I'm sorry it didn't engage with engine not running

/ John deere 820
I got some info on the tractor. A new clutch was installed about a year and a half ago. Could it be just a adjustment? Besides this issue everything works fine. Although this issue makes it useless to me being that I bought it to bush hog with.

/ John deere 820 #33  
Sounds as if the pto clutch is stuck. Attach a pasture mower engage pto then start engine,get mower up to speed then depress clutch pedal and stop engine to see if clutch will free up.

/ John deere 820
It has a 6ft finishing mower on it. I can't get the pto to engage with the engine off. It seems like the petal isn't going to the second stage.

/ John deere 820 #35  
The clutches have to be setup as per the service manual. If Bubba and Billy Bob along with a 24 of beer tried to do a clutch job. A pto clutch that won't engage or won't disengage is the usual outcome.

/ John deere 820 #36  
If pto won't engage with engine not running then I highly suspect a bad shift collar on pto shaft

/ John deere 820
Well I adjusted clutch rod and it works perfect. Even cut grass with it. Now just have to figure out the miss that it has. I'm thinking bad injector. When it's idling and crack open num 2 there is not much change. Fuel pump leaks got one on order at napa. Thanks everyone for the help everyone.

/ John deere 820
Has anyone ever had to or had problems with the injectors on these tractors?

/ John deere 820 #39  
Here's what a new injector cost from A&I A-AR89564 INJECTOR, PENCIL ADD 59.84 USD

/ John deere 820
Ok. Thanks for the help. I will keep y'all posted. Once the miss is gone she will be ready to go.