John deere 820

/ John deere 820 #1  

Agoldman

Tractor
John deere 820 German and two farmall super av
Hello. I'm new to this forum. I just purchased a john deere 820 German for 800 dollars. It was running 2 years ago and they sat it up because the starter went out. I never installed a starter yet to crank it but is there any other problems I should look for on this model??

/ John deere 820 #2  
I would check all fluids and give her a shot.

Welcome to the forum.

/ John deere 820
There also seems to be a oil leak where the pto lever goes in rearend. Is there a seal there???

/ John deere 820 #4  
Before I spent money on a starter I'd check the fluids to be sure they were at the full mark,change fuel filter and tow start it to check operation of tractor. You will need a good battery as the fuel is controlled by an electric solenoid(pushing key in to activate/pull out to kill engine). Pto lever has an o-ring seal (parts key #3 R28776) but changing it won't be easy.

Attachments

• L51851_________UN01JAN94.gif
    L51851_________UN01JAN94.gif
    9.4 KB · Views: 355
   / John deere 820
Thanks for the info. Goin mess with it today.

/ John deere 820
What is involved with changing the o ring on the pto lever?

/ John deere 820 #7  
Change the antifreeze and use a real HD diesel rated antifreeze along with distilled water. Or you will be replacing the wet sleeves.
Flush the entire transmission/hydraulic system, change filter, clean screen and refill with Hy-Gard. Or be ready to pay for new brakes.

/ John deere 820
I'm more familiar with old farmalls, so where is the hydraulic filter located??

/ John deere 820 #9  
Best to call 1-800-522-7448 then order the operators and service manuals. A few lines of info from Bubba on the Internet is a pale comparison to a manual written by the folks at JD that know the tractor inside and out.

/ John deere 820 #10  
I'm more familiar with old farmalls, so where is the hydraulic filter located??

Hyd filter is on RH side under footrest. Before I spent a lot of $$$$$$$ on the tractor I would find out if it will run & operate correctly.