New Member/ New Tractor '74 110

/ New Member/ New Tractor '74 110 #1  

becoyote

Tractor
1974 JD 110
Just bought this today and found the forum. It seems to be in good shape and taken care of.

Any tips on things to check before I start making it work?

It's a 1974 110 with a manual transmission. I believe it is the 8hp but the previous owner wasn't sure.

Does 1974 qualify for vintage?

20130511_151733-M.jpg

/ New Member/ New Tractor '74 110 #3  
Welcome to TBN:welcome: Change oil and all filters for starters and find a owners manual.

/ New Member/ New Tractor '74 110 #4  
Welcome to the forum from Canada.

Sure it classifies a vintage.

/ New Member/ New Tractor '74 110 #6  
IIRC 10 HP Kohler engine

/ New Member/ New Tractor '74 110
Thanks guys,

I have a question about the variator.

I was wondering why the tractor was so slow and with some googling found out the variator was not working.

I got the center sheave moving now and adjusted the variator as per directions I found on the web.
I think it is working. With the lever pulled back all the way it is slow. With the lever moved forward it is faster.

My question is about the "clicks" on the lever. Is each click supposed to represent some speed or is the variator simply on or off?

Also, found out for sure it is an 8hp.

Working on pushing grease into all the zirc fittings I can find. Then I will change the engine oil and gear case fluid before I begin putting it to work. :cool2:

/ New Member/ New Tractor '74 110 #8  
So I suppose your 110 has the K181S instead of the higher hp option K241AS engine. I though since it was a '74 model it might have the larger engine.