Powr-Trol won't hold rockshaft up

/ Powr-Trol won't hold rockshaft up #1  

Terry N

Tractor
John Deere 60
I have a 1952 JD 60. The Powr-Trol lifts the rockshaft fine (I have a 3point on it with no implement attached) but it will not hold it up. It begins to go down immediately and is completely down in about 3 minutes. Any idea of what is wrong & what I need to do to fix it. I do have the dummy plugs in.

/ Powr-Trol won't hold rockshaft up #2  
It could the piston seal(A4464R & A4496R) leaking or this gasket(parts key #35 A1447R) has been known to blow.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    79.9 KB · Views: 3,691
  • Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    91.5 KB · Views: 2,789
   / Powr-Trol won't hold rockshaft up #3  
More than likely it is the seal but before you tear it apart, at the bottom of the valve housing there is an adjustment.It is the fast drop or throttle valve,take the hex cap off turn adjustment out till no tension then see if rockshaft drops.Yes? you need new piston O-Ring seal.

/ Powr-Trol won't hold rockshaft up
Thanks, but when I took the hex cap off, there was no adjustment underneath to turn out. What does it look like; is it just under the hex cap? It could be that the previous owner removed something, as I found out the 2 gears in the pump had been removed. Any clarification of what it looks like will be appreciated. Terry N

/ Powr-Trol won't hold rockshaft up #6  
Ive had similar problems, though mine has blown out the top of the gasket just above the round hole for the down speed valve. any thoughts other than maybe a stuck relief valve?
Thanks
Jim

/ Powr-Trol won't hold rockshaft up #7  
The best way to fix the power-troll is pull it apart replace the O-ring make sure the gasket surfaces are square once back together adjust the up and down flow valves things should fine. All three of my last resto's 50,60,70 had that treatment with 100% success.