Need some advice on taking on a vintage project Deere

/ Need some advice on taking on a vintage project Deere #1  

woodlandfarms

Tractor
PowerTrac 1850, Kubota RTV x900
So I am in my mid 40s, my dad is around, my grandfather is not. I have restored a few cars and am looking.to maybe a new project. My grandfather worked at and retired from John Deere Dubuque. In honor of him I was thinking of buying something that came from that factory and restoring it. Now I could really use a Dozer so maybe.....

Anyway, I assume there are some hstorians here. Can anyone guide me on how to confirm a machine was built at Dubuque?

Can anyone recommend a good project tractor or better yet Dozer?

Thanks in advance for all the advice

/ Need some advice on taking on a vintage project Deere #2  
In the older models all dozers except BO's were built in Dubuque,Ia. In the older tractors below 1960 if it had a foot clutch pedal it was built in Dubuque

/ Need some advice on taking on a vintage project Deere #3  
I know the 2520's and 2030's tractors were built in Dubuque. The 2520 is a nice little "field" tractor, I have a 2030 and its a nice utility tractor.

/ Need some advice on taking on a vintage project Deere #4  
I know the 2520's and 2030's tractors were built in Dubuque. The 2520 is a nice little "field" tractor, I have a 2030 and its a nice utility tractor.

2030 was built in Dubuque & Mannheim, Baden-Württemberg, Germany but the 2520('69-'72 models) were built in Waterloo with a Dubuque engine.

/ Need some advice on taking on a vintage project Deere #5  
I stand corrected!:thumbsup: