John Deere 4020 propane, need help on pricing/selling

/ John Deere 4020 propane, need help on pricing/selling #1  

Blackjackfarm

Tractor
John Deere 5095M
I put this on the John Deere forum and someone suggested that I put it out here:

Helping Mom sell Dads old tractor, its a John Deere 4020 propane, auto shifter, 8 forward and 4 reverse, still runs but its been rode hard and put away wet, paint is faded, tires are bad, etc. Serial number SNT212P103441R. I think its about a 1964 model.

Any idea on a fair price? Or how to come up with one? Looked on TractorHouse but couldn't find a propane 4020.

Any collectors out there that are interested?? This tractor is in central Minnesota.

Thanks for your help!!

/ John Deere 4020 propane, need help on pricing/selling #2  
If it's a 4020 Propane Powershift I think it's very rare even if it is in bad shape. DO NOT let it go cheap. Just guessing you "could" be looking at a 10K tractor if its complete and runs.

/ John Deere 4020 propane, need help on pricing/selling #3  
The late model 4020 LPG's Powershift's after SN 201,000 are the ones that will bring the big $$$$$$$. But I agree the early LPG PS should bring good money.

/ John Deere 4020 propane, need help on pricing/selling
If it's a 4020 Propane Powershift I think it's very rare even if it is in bad shape. DO NOT let it go cheap. Just guessing you "could" be looking at a 10K tractor if its complete and runs.

Theres a problem, that mythical '$10,000 tractor'. We dealt with that once before, 3-4 years ago the neighbor wanted to buy the tractor, said that him and my Dad had even talked about it before he died. When my sister heard about it, she had a friend go on the internet (this site?) and report back that it was worth $10,000!!! Same poster perhaps?? So I told her, go find that $10,000 buyer!!! Tractor is still sitting there....

Any tips on where to advertise and find a buyer looking for a vintage John Deere?

/ John Deere 4020 propane, need help on pricing/selling
The late model 4020 LPG's Powershift's after SN 201,000 are the ones that will bring the big $$$$$$$. But I agree the early LPG PS should bring good money.

Just curious, what makes the later model LP Powershifts worth more?

/ John Deere 4020 propane, need help on pricing/selling #6  
Later model 4020's are more sought after because of the hyd/3pt controls are on the RH side of the seat plus I think even less number of LPG's were built compared to diesels in that time frame. '71 & '72 4020's are more sought after than any of the others.