deere 2030 and rotary cutter size

/ deere 2030 and rotary cutter size #1  

walkerfarms

Tractor
none
I'm looking at a 2030 to use for pasture mowing. I ran one when I was younger, but not for mowing. I'm planning on using an 8' -10' semi or pull behind. I need a new cutter no matter what I do. My pasture's are fairly flat, but there are two that need to be reclaimed. I don't remember the 2030 being underpowered (under torqued maybe), but I do remember it being a little light when hooked up to a hay wagon. My goal is to use this tractor for my stone driveway maintenance, rototilling a small (<1 acre) garden at the house, and field/pasture mowing (around 25 acres right now) and whatever else I can get away with. I'm hoping to save on fuel cost. The only reason I'm looking at a 2030 is I ran one growing up. My wallet doesn't allow sentimental, only practicable. Any opinions welcome. Thanks

/ deere 2030 and rotary cutter size #3  
Tractor hp requirements have a few variables being desired ground speed,type of material to be cut,height of cut & thickness of material. I think a 2030 can pull a 10' cutter but at what speed in MPH

/ deere 2030 and rotary cutter size
My pasture's are mostly fescue with good coverage. I usually mow it down to 6" from a foot plus. The height I decide to mow depends on how hot and or amount of rain we get. I think my pasture's are smooth enough to mow @6 mph on a tractor that size. In general I don't want to drop below 4mph.