1953 70 John Deere - need parts

/ 1953 70 John Deere - need parts
Mike, I have not found one yet. Painting the buckets of the loader at the moment. Appreciate your efforts.
Thanks, Wayne

/ 1953 70 John Deere - need parts
Found one, thanks. How you coming on your 70?
Wayne,sorry for the delay have not had a chance to get near that storage barn to check on those loader parts.Quite sure everything went with the loader.When I do get out there and if I do have them I will pm you.
Mike

/ 1953 70 John Deere - need parts #13  
Wayne,
Good to hear I do remember letting all the parts go with the loader.
Finished the 70 it took three tries to get the fan drive ring and pinion in the governor housing right.Both shafts were bent slightly taking teeth of the ring gear. Governor housing internals is now all new. It got too cold to work out where 70 is parked so never finished setting all the linkages but the tractor is beautiful. Drove the tractor around the property a few times it needs to get hot working to break in the new engine. Oh still waiting for tin to be painted was told it was to be done last August and been put off till now.Sure kills the confidence in that shop and they are one of the best around.
How about yours.
Mike

/ 1953 70 John Deere - need parts #14  
Grew up on a farm in NE Missouri. We got a new JD 70 diesel with a gas "pony" starter motor. That tractor was the hardest working piece I ever saw. Between Dad and 2 sons, we kept that thing going 18 hours a day during planting season. When you get it done, please post a picture.

/ 1953 70 John Deere - need parts #15  
That body shop that has been putting me off is always busy but he finally took my tin yesterday, he says it will be done by next month. Fortunately the gas tank bolts directly on the tractor not in the tin so I can at least use it. Winters cold grip finally let go once all the spring chores are done will focus on getting the tractor dialed in.