John Deere dinner bell

/ John Deere dinner bell #1  

Tractor
none
I have a dinner bell. #3 on clapper and yoke. John Deere Plow Co. on one side of yoke and St. Louis, Mo. and Dallas, Texas on the other side. John Deere had a foundry or factory in Dallas??

/ John Deere dinner bell #2  
JD has a branch office in Dallas but no foundry. Back in the 60's-late 80's I went there many times to pickup parts & equipment when I was employed by a JD dealer. Without the aid of a photo I'd bet a foreign country such as China is where the foundry is located.
10650 HARRY HINES BLVD
DALLAS, TX 75220-2635

/ John Deere dinner bell
Hi Jim, This bell was on a post on our farm in 1952 when I was 8 yrs old. I don't remember many Chinese imports back in the 50,s. I was wondering if it could have been made in Dallas, as many old JD plows were marked st. louis. I plan on taking it to the Portland Indiana swap meet this spring. It lookks like the one that sold on Polk Auction on Youtube.

/ John Deere dinner bell #4  
Sorry but I didn't know you were referring an older bell not a newer casting. I'm guessing the bell in question was poured at one of JD's foundries in Iowa or Illinois

/ John Deere dinner bell
I will probably find out more when we take it to Portland in May. That show draws people from 10 to 15 states.