420C

/ 420C #1  

67PLY

Silver Member
Tractor
MASSEY GC2310
Just found a new project. 1957 420C with a Henry loader.

IMG_2892.JPG

IMG_2893.jpg

/ 420C #2  
Looks like a great project. The tracks look good and it's a five roll track--which is better than a four roll.
I used to have a 420C with a blade and loved it for light projects.

/ 420C #3  
Very cool project. I'm a sucker for old deere crawlers. Lookin forward to see her cleaned up and in action!

/ 420C
Thanks. I am going to remove the loader and put on a simple blade. My first JD crawler - other is an Oliver HG-68.

/ 420C #5  
There's quite a few guys restoring those things. That Henry Loader might be worth somethin to somebody. You might get some money out of it to help fix up the crawler.

/ 420C #6  
Thanks. I am going to remove the loader and put on a simple blade. My first JD crawler - other is an Oliver HG-68.

You are going to remove all the parts of the loader or only the bucket and replace it by the blade? If no, you need to make a frame and fit it between tracks?

/ 420C #7  
I would keep the bucket. First, you'll never find another and second it would really add to the value if you ever sold.

/ 420C #8  
Always wanted one. But I am currently working on an old 154 IH Cub Loboy. I agree, you should keep the loader too. I think it could be handier than a blade.

/ 420C
I have a loader on another tractor. I have to pull the loader to work on the crawler. The triangle shape is the hydro-oil tank and controls. I am going to try to fabricate a blade with inboard mounts. And use the existing cylinders and controls to lift it up. They made this model Henry loader TS-4OF to fit JD 40 and 420 crawlers.

Henry loader book.jpg

They call it an .... ' Industrial Tractor Shovel '