hyd. problems

/ hyd. problems #1  

gpike19

Tractor
john deere 2010
here we go again, more problems with the hyd on my 2010 ( 1961 gas ). I've already heard all the stories about I couldn't have picked a worse JD model, but too late, I just need some help. tractor was actually running pretty good. someone added a n fel years ago and it has it's own added on control valve. anyway I was using it. then stopped for about an hour, went back and neither the fel or the 3 pt are working. it"s like nothing is getting fluid. there are no apparent leaks. I've checked fluid level, rechecked all quick disconnects etc. totally baffled on this. I read in manual about the lever that disengages the hyd pump ( for cold weather starting ). only that lever isn't even there anymore. is it possible that pump has somehow been disengaged? when it is disengaged, does it actually stop the pump from putting out any flow? please help.

/ hyd. problems #3  
Check if coupler between mainpump and enginefrontpulley is still inplace ?

2010 has a belly hyd pump not a hyd pump in frt of engine unless maybe industrial model. belly pump does have a cold weather starting aid disconnect. OP needs to check position of shaft(parts key 31) for pump engagement. Next thoroughly clean hyd filter screen with solvent & compressed air.

Attachments

• RWP5828________UN01JAN94.gif
    RWP5828________UN01JAN94.gif
    21.9 KB · Views: 1,419
   / hyd. problems
2010 has a belly hyd pump not a hyd pump in frt of engine unless maybe industrial model. belly pump does have a cold weather starting aid disconnect. OP needs to check position of shaft(parts key 31) for pump engagement. Next thoroughly clean hyd filter screen with solvent & compressed air.

hi Jim. last week I changed all the old quick disconnects on the tractor. is it possible that I have air in system? if yes how do you bleed the system

/ hyd. problems #5  
Old QD's for new QD.s shouldn't induce much air. I still think filter needs cleaning.

/ hyd. problems
Old QD's for new QD.s shouldn't induce much air. I still think filter needs cleaning.

the filter is less than 2 months old with very little up time, but ill pull it out and see if there's a problem. thanks

/ hyd. problems
hi Jim. got a question. I wanted to look at filter like you suggested. do I have t drain all the fluid 1st? when I went to take cover off of filter fluid came pouring out. I didn't think you had to drain 8 gallons of fluid out just to clean filter.

/ hyd. problems #8  
IIRC one needs to drain sump to inspect filter. Once filter is out of tractor set filter on end in a bucket then pour oil into filter to see how fast oil travels out of filter. If oil goes through filter slowly then filter needs cleaning with a solvent.

/ hyd. problems
hello jim. can I use mineral spirts to clean the filter? then blow it off with air?