Gas in crankcase

/ Gas in crankcase #1  

Marine2083

Tractor
John Deere 60
After several months of no use my. 60 has a crankcase full of gas and leaks if engine runs

/ Gas in crankcase #2  
I'm not familiar with your tractor model, but I remember reading somewhere that older model tractors with gravity-fed tanks should be parked with the gas tank shut- off valve turned off, even for a short period, and especially for longer periods. Also, the throttle control lever should be kept in the completely off position. It seems that if the tractor is turned off with the throttle lever left open, as well as the gas shut-off valve open, it may allow gas to continue running through the carburetor into the engine and possibly into the crank case. I don't know exactly how this happens, except for the gravity part. I'm a newcomer to tractors, but someone else could explain it better. Like I said, I don't know anything about your tractor model, and this info may be useless to you. I do hope, however, that you can get the answers you need. Blessings to you.

/ Gas in crankcase #3  
Marine
For starters, have you removed the plug in the carb bowl to drain any water as well as the glass bowl under the fuel tank?
Also, I'd try some SeaFoam in the gas to see if there might be some crud that is sticking the float.
If that doesn't work, then a carb kit after a good carb cleaning might be the solution.
And also suggest turning off the fuel when not in use to be safe.

/ Gas in crankcase #4  
If your 60 has the same fuel system as my 620 &520 ,you probably need to replace the diaphragm in the assembly that your sentiment bowl attaches to,need to unscrew the assembly from gastank and get a rebuild kit. About $20 if I remember .

/ Gas in crankcase #5  
sounds like a carb repair to me , if the float and needle valve are set and working right no gas can get through.

/ Gas in crankcase #6  
needle/seat &/or float in carbruater is faulty