3020 Hand Throttle

/ 3020 Hand Throttle #1  

Draagyn

Silver Member
Tractor
65 JD 3020, 75 IH 966
My hand throttle is not keeping the tractor at a working RPM. Also it is very hard/stiff to operate. Want to get it fixed now because the engine is sputtering when gassing between idle and 2000rpm. Engine is gas. Thanks in advance. R13335_________UN01JAN94.jpg

/ 3020 Hand Throttle #2  
Nut(parts key 24) is designed to be tightened/loosened to put more/less pressure on friction discs(parts key 20). I think hand throttle operation will not help a sputtering gasoline engine.

/ 3020 Hand Throttle
Thanks Jim, I will look into what you mentioned. No the throttle won't help the engine issues, but hopefully I can avoid them to keep the roads clear until I resolve them.

/ 3020 Hand Throttle
Which part will hold the throttle at set position?

/ 3020 Hand Throttle #5  
The "nut"(parts key 24) must be tightened. One also needs to hold bolt head while tightening nut so as to put more tension on friction washers(parts key 20).

/ 3020 Hand Throttle #7  
The OP stating the throttle is hard/stiff to operate and at the same time doesn't hold position is a bit hard to know if more friction or more lube is the answer. Maybe two things going on there to look for.

/ 3020 Hand Throttle
Thanks guys. The original issue was coming from the linkages at the governor not being set up correctly. Now that I've got that sorted out I'm moving down the line and getting the rest sorted out

/ 3020 Hand Throttle #9  
The OP stating the throttle is hard/stiff to operate and at the same time doesn't hold position is a bit hard to know if more friction or more lube is the answer. Maybe two things going on there to look for.

OOPS disregard my last post as I overlooked the hard/stiff to operate part.

/ 3020 Hand Throttle #10  
:D
I don't know which came first.. was the "original issue" hard/stiff part.. and it has been fixed, and now is the friction part. ?? Maybe Draagyn can give us a tip.. ;)