John Deere Land Plan Model 930-02

/ John Deere Land Plan Model 930-02 #1  

jpinkman

Tractor
john deere 930-02
I am trying to clean up my family farm and I have this John Deere Land Plane on it. Does anyone have any idea what it might be worth. We have been told several different prices. The model number on it says 930-02. We were told judging from the model number it might be one of the 2nd ones made. We believe it was purchased in the 1950's but are unsure. Any advice would be helpful.

Attachments

• IMG_0382.jpg
    IMG_0382.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,217
   / John Deere Land Plan Model 930-02 #2  
:welcome: to TBN

jdparts.com shows the 930, and lists it as made starting 1961 and later.

/ John Deere Land Plan Model 930-02
:welcome: to TBN

jdparts.com shows the 930, and lists it as made starting 1961 and later.

Thanks so much! That is very helpful. Do you have any idea where we can find a value at?

/ John Deere Land Plan Model 930-02 #4  
No idea on a place to find value. That is very subjective to the condition, the demand, and local use.
But I'd think advertising in your local Craigslist would be the best. Start out with a high value that is acceptable to you, and then find out if you have any bites. Can always come down, or just hang onto it until you learn more or figure you'd rather not wait any more.
Likely there are auctions in your NE area that sell land planes, or there are equipment dealers with prices on them.
You can do a google search too, and may get some hits... i.e. a 940 land plane at a 2012 auction had a price of $1400 + and another listed for $1700. These were old hits...

/ John Deere Land Plan Model 930-02 #5  
I believe this piece was made by eversman for John Deere. Search tractorhouse, fastline, etc but search for eversman instead and you will get more hits. Since it was not built by Deere you probably won't find any collectors willing to shell out extra for the Deere badging. Not a perfect comparison but larger and slightly newer eversman units here go for around 5-8k if in decent shape (they will all have some welding). Otherwise probably 1/2 of those figures as a starting point. Good luck.

/ John Deere Land Plan Model 930-02
I believe this piece was made by eversman for John Deere. Search tractorhouse, fastline, etc but search for eversman instead and you will get more hits. Since it was not built by Deere you probably won't find any collectors willing to shell out extra for the Deere badging. Not a perfect comparison but larger and slightly newer eversman units here go for around 5-8k if in decent shape (they will all have some welding). Otherwise probably 1/2 of those figures as a starting point. Good luck.

Thanks also for the tips. Looks like I came to the right place for information. You all are very nice.

/ John Deere Land Plan Model 930-02 #7  
For commercial use, the long land planes have mostly been replaced by short wheeled/drag scrapers with laser systems. The long ones are probably used mostly for cleaning up turning areas at ends of fields, etc.

3-laser.jpg

Bruce