Draw Bar Hydraulic Leak

/ Draw Bar Hydraulic Leak #11  
The block broken out like that is really bad. The tractor side frames that support the front axle attach to those holes as well as the loader. The only way I know of to repair that to last would be to replace the block and also most likely the frame rail is damaged as well. A good machine shop may be able to salvage the block but most likely engine will need to be totally torn down. The extra loader frame braces would take some of the stress off of the frame but I think you need some solid threads in the block to have any strength at all. With bolt holes broken out like they are I don't see how that is possible.

/ Draw Bar Hydraulic Leak
My plan now is to weld in studs

Jim could you post that picture again of the FEL extensions to the rear axle? Thinking about fabbing these up instead of messing with the engine block. Thanks

/ Draw Bar Hydraulic Leak #14  
Is this the photo you're referring to??????????

Attachments

• WP995__________UN01JAN94.gif
    WP995__________UN01JAN94.gif
    2.5 KB · Views: 153
   / Draw Bar Hydraulic Leak #15  
The block broken out like that is really bad. The tractor side frames that support the front axle attach to those holes as well as the loader. The only way I know of to repair that to last would be to replace the block and also most likely the frame rail is damaged as well. A good machine shop may be able to salvage the block but most likely engine will need to be totally torn down. The extra loader frame braces would take some of the stress off of the frame but I think you need some solid threads in the block to have any strength at all. With bolt holes broken out like they are I don't see how that is possible.

I agree and would not want a loader mounted without the bolts through the block. I would remove the loader and start looking for a replacement block. I would add the loader support braces to the replacement block when building it back.

I really like the 3020 and 4020 but neither of these were great for fel use. I have seen a couple of 4020's with a 5020 front end to beef them up.

Ya that's the pic, thanks Jim. I'm thinking of building or shopping for a set of those.

/ Draw Bar Hydraulic Leak #17  
I seen a thread where OP welded tubing that went back under rear axle to existing rowcrop mounting brackets.