Draw Bar Hydraulic Leak

/ Draw Bar Hydraulic Leak #1  

Draagyn

Silver Member
Tractor
65 JD 3020, 75 IH 966
I noticed a new leak yesterday on my 3020. It looked like it was coming from above the front support for the draw bar. Today I took the support off to inspect the leak. When I did all my hydraulic fluid came out. I thought that was pretty stupid, should've read the repair manual first. So I read it second and it says nothing about all the fluid coming out... Anyways there is two seals between the case and support that have silicon on them from the previous owner. I'm assuming I just need to replace these seals and I'll be back in business?

Been looking at jd parts .com and cant find it. If anyone knows where to look that would be helpful too

Thanks

/ Draw Bar Hydraulic Leak #2  
Shaft seals are called load control seals. Be sure to put L/D control lever under seat in "D" before reinserting shaft to make reinstalling shaft easier. There are better aftermarket bushings & seals than JD's design made by Boling Machine shop. 660-699-3717 Boling Machine

Attachments

• R3649__________UN01JAN94.gif
    R3649__________UN01JAN94.gif
    8.2 KB · Views: 388
  • Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    69 KB · Views: 554
   / Draw Bar Hydraulic Leak
Awesome! Thank you.

Also wondering how to get the front pin out for the front support. Manual shows a roll pin that holds the main pin in place, but I can't tell how it's supposed to be removed.

/ Draw Bar Hydraulic Leak #4  
I can't remember how to remove roll pin but I'll ask a tech friend of mine & report back

/ Draw Bar Hydraulic Leak #5  
Here's what one good JD technician stated.[/quote]I use a good squared off punch and shear it by hitting the pin, they are in a blind hole.[/quote]
Here's what another good tech stated.[/quote]With the drawbar support off the tractor, drive the roll pin through to the center of the bushing. The roll pin does not hold the pin in the tractor but holds the bushing from turning.[/quote]
HTH's Jim

Thanks again for all your help Jim! My parts came in today and I installed them. Glad I didn't jimmy rig it like the previous owner, the seals were completely shot and it was an easy job. I just worked around the front support hanging by the front pin, didn't want to mess with it and it wasn't too obstructive. Went ahead and cut the first 10 acres of the season today! Everything went great, no leaks!

Since I got ya Jim, what do you think about drilling and tapping the loader mounts from 7/8" to 1". The one side of mine has stripped threads.

Thanks!

/ Draw Bar Hydraulic Leak #7  
What loader 7/8 loader mount bolts are you referring to? Side frame bolts can give problems but they're 5/8 inch in diameter. On stripped threads in block I always utilized helicoils if possible to utilize original chamfer headed bolts.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    56.1 KB · Views: 423
It's the bolts going into the block. I priced out a helicoil set for $200CAD so decided to drill and tap one size up

Here are my mounting holes. A little worse than just stripped. Suggestions?image.jpgimage.jpg

/ Draw Bar Hydraulic Leak #10  
I'll suggest to add some extensions to FEL mounting brackets that extend to rear axle housings similar to photo.

Attachments

• WP995__________UN01JAN94.gif
    WP995__________UN01JAN94.gif
    18.9 KB · Views: 570