Replacing Fuel Solenoid on 1520

/ Replacing Fuel Solenoid on 1520 #1  

traded

Tractor
John Deere 1520; John Deere 5420
Good Day all, I own a John Deere 1520 and am looking for a replacement for my fuel shutoff solenoid due to leakage. The solenoid is on a Marvel Schebler carburetor. The replacement solenoid is currently quite costly and I would rather not spend if there is possibly some other sort of alternative. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

/ Replacing Fuel Solenoid on 1520 #2  
Older John Deeres had a manual fuel shut off on the carb. It was like a needle valve with a T handle you manually opened and closed. I am thinking maybe a 2010 gas tractor had one. Parts guy may be able to find you one with some searching.

/ Replacing Fuel Solenoid on 1520 #3  
Here's manual valve for some gasoline carb. RE19406 Screw - JET ADJUSTMENT ASSEMBLY ADD 20.97 USD

/ Replacing Fuel Solenoid on 1520
Thank you very much, I'll have to purchase one and see how she works!

/ Replacing Fuel Solenoid on 1520 #5  
TxJim, I believe the adjuster screw/solenoid replacement you listed actually fits the Zenith carburetor. I don't think it will fit the Marvel Schebler. The correct number should be AT14476 adjuster. Unfortunately it is more expensive at $77.09. Still much better than replacement solenoid AR67706 at $300.00.

/ Replacing Fuel Solenoid on 1520 #6  
Danged old age & lack of good reader comprehension. Thanks for correction.

Ok so I'm looking for the AT14476 thank you very much greatly appreciated!

When I search that part number is comes up as a seat? Is this number correct?

/ Replacing Fuel Solenoid on 1520 #9  
This is from JDparts.com AT14476 Seat - SEAT AND NEEDLE ADD 77.09 USD

Thank you guys heading out today to see if I can pick one up will let you know how I make out!