Wheel and Tire - Tractor pulls

/ Wheel and Tire - Tractor pulls #1  

mdross1

Silver Member
Tractor
John Deere 70
After finishing the 70 resto this spring have been the tractor as often as we can to break in the new engine. At one of the Fair pulls in the 6500 and 7000lb classes one of the seasoned puller noted my rims are too small for the 15.5 FireStones 12" instead of the 14" required. I assumed airing them down till the lugs were making full contact on concrete would be enough which was 9lbs. I finished in the middle of the pack in both classes. Also the tractor weighed in at 6400lbs.
Anyone have anything to say about rim size?

/ Wheel and Tire - Tractor pulls
The season is over now and after plenty of discussion with pullers and tire people purchased a pair of 14" rims. Besides that have learned a lot about pulling with these two cylinder tractors. Have added weight to get up to the classes I pull in,corrected hitch height even built a different hitch to help transfer the tractor weight over the rear tires. Next year will be fun first place or last it is all about being there that really matters.

/ Wheel and Tire - Tractor pulls #3  
Sounds like fun. Where is Windham ??

/ Wheel and Tire - Tractor pulls #4  
And,,,,, pictures of your tractor please??? Tractor pulling used to be a very big deal around here, especially in the Vintage classes. Seems to have died out a bit but the participants are very dedicated.

/ Wheel and Tire - Tractor pulls
DSCN2086.jpg

Windham,Maine. Am dedicating the newly restored 70 for pulling, the 60 has already put trophy's in the barn. Pulling popularity around here is strong I guess just about all the fairs allow our club to put on a show. We can choose to pull on dirt or concrete I prefer dirt.