Spark plugs for two cylinders

/ Spark plugs for two cylinders #12  
Ok so here are my thoughts. Why not purchase a second manifold to drill and tap for the wide band 02 sensor. When you test use the modified manifold and when your showing your tractor just put the original manifold back on. If you spray Pam on the gasket's they can easily be reused. For testing it would also be easy to just set up a separate battery to run the 02 test. Then there is no need to change to a (-) chassis.

/ Spark plugs for two cylinders
Good food for thought have all winter to think about it. What kind of A/F ratio would work best on these engines?

/ Spark plugs for two cylinders #14  
I'd find a dyno and tune it that way.
I bet one of your pulling or plow day buddies has one.
Might even be an enjoyable day/afternoon.

The whole hobby is about common interests and having a good time.

/ Spark plugs for two cylinders #15  
Depending on the engine , somewhere around 13.5 to 1 for max power. 15 to 1 or so for max efficiency .

Already have a dyno to back up to and plan to warm it up this spring.
Have a question buickandeere what kind of A/F does the stock jetting on the DLTX carbs give? My 70 carb is freshly rebuilt with stock jetting.

Mike

/ Spark plugs for two cylinders #17  
Depends if the fuel enrichment screw is dialed out , altitude and fuel density . Set for max power it will be on the rich side of 14.7 to 1. I would be guessing what the ratio would be leaned out.
Back in that era and on Nebraska tests. The gasser's tended to be on the rich side of 14.7 to 1 as max HP was a priority . Fuel economy was secondary and emissions were unheard of.

/ Spark plugs for two cylinders #18  
Depends if the fuel enrichment screw is dialed out , altitude and fuel density . Set for max power it will be on the rich side of 14.7 to 1. I would be guessing what the ratio would be leaned out.
Back in that era and on Nebraska tests. The gasser's tended to be on the rich side of 14.7 to 1 as max HP was a priority . Fuel economy was secondary and emissions were unheard of.

Without the O2 check I guess my gauge will have to be the dyno this spring. Max power is my focus also want to see what difference a straight pipe makes over a muffler. It would seem that when hooked to a sled with throttle wide open the straight pipe would be the way to go given the right fuel mix.
Makes me wish I had a dyno parked in my shop.

/ Spark plugs for two cylinders #20  
I would not place any faith that a straight pipe on a 70 will give it the power of a 720. Just more noise. Why more noise is a benefit is beyond me. If you want to tinker with the exhaust system. The 720/730 oval muffler from Deere is a legitimate update.